Did you mean: 

O2 sim only contract

georgey6281
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am soon to turn 18 and want to start getting everything in order to build my credit score, so i have an o2 pay and go, i've only been with them a couple of weeks but really like the network and coverage where i am, so I just want to get a pay monthly sim, i can afford it every month. So if i go in store and took my passport with me would they be able to also verify my address etc, using my bank account?

Regards,

Georgey6281

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@georgey6281 

You'll need proof of address like a utility bill or driver's license too.

You will also need to pass a credit check so your choices might be restricted at first. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

georgey6281
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help! I only want the most basic sim only contract they have, i also have a provisional driving licence would that count as proof of address?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@georgey6281 

Take all you can.

It will all help and good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
@georgey6281 In order to get a Pay Monthly sim of any sort from any provider you're going to need a credit history, which you don't appear to have at the moment. Don't put the cart before the horse. It might take some time to build your credit, so a Pay & Go sim is the way to go at the moment. Be patient.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Josh261995
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

You are right in wanting to go for a SIM only contract to start with, with no real credit score you stand more of a chance to be accepted for SIM only contract rather than a handset contract with the latest device*. In terms of ID, if i remember right for my first contract i took my provisional license and the debit card for the bank account that was going to be used for the contract, that should be enough. My contract at the mo, is a SIM only on O2 i took out at Carphone Warehouse and for that i only took bank card and passport.

*(Quote from clearscore "If you’re having trouble getting accepted for a mobile contract, consider a 12-month SIM-only deal. These deals are less risky for network providers, because they don’t include a mobile. This means you’re much more likely to get accepted. Paying your bill on time for the full term will help you build a history of good credit. And your network provider may be more willing to give you a mobile phone on contract when your SIM-only deal ends"

All the best.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Absolutely. Getting a simo shouldn't be a huge problem and is a good way to build a credit rating.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 8 of 8