Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance

Geeb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The accident insurance is a terrible. I’ve paid for it every month for 6 years and today I finally tried to claim from it. Not a big claim. Just a cracked screen, something that would cost maybe £20-£25 to fix in two hours. So after 40 minutes on the phone to 02 insurance then customer services then back to o2 insurance I was told it would be £60 excess charge and my phone would be returned in 3-5 days. No chance. My contract is up soon. I won’t be back
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Geeb

Have you not read the insurance T&C's ?

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/finance-and-insurance
All claims on any insurance policy, anywhere, are subject to an excess and I suggest you shop around for quotes to get your screen fixed as you might be surprised at the costs, depending on phone model.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Geeb

Have you not read the insurance T&C's ?

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/finance-and-insurance
All claims on any insurance policy, anywhere, are subject to an excess and I suggest you shop around for quotes to get your screen fixed as you might be surprised at the costs, depending on phone model.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on your phone model & where you get it repaired. Some older phones still command high prices for screen repair 

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It depends on your phone model & where you get it repaired. Some older phones still command high prices for screen repair 

And it will cost you more than the £60 excess!

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And it will cost you more than the £60 excess!

Indeed

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I got the screen on my sons Z3 repaired two weeks ago. We took it to a repair shop in town. It cost £75 to replace, but the upside was , it only took 90 minutes so it was worth that to have a working phone back the same day.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6