Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 esim for Sky mobile

Nico1968
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I have just purchased an iphone 11 pro max through Sky. I have had a sim only deal with O2 since my phone was paid for last year.

The reason why I purchased a new phone was that I was under the impression that I could use two sims on the phone.. one for a new business number and another for my personal. Obviously, I have since found out that Apple don't sell dual sim phones in the UK. My option is an eSim.

So, I have a new Sky business sim and I have just sent PAC number to Sky to transfer my personal O2 number to Sky. However, I have found out that Sky do not support eSims. O2 I believe do.

Can anyone tell me what the best thing to do is?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly Sky don't support eSim as you have found out, if you're in contract with Sky there isn't anything else you can do or any way to add a second sim. The iPhone is dual SIM from the view point of one eSim and one standard SIM.

Until your contract ends or Sky support eSim sadly you'll only be able to use your Sky number in the standard SIM slot.

If you're able to (and want to) you can always cancel your sky contract and go to an eSim provider (O2 do support this)
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Nico1968 

Get an esim for your o2 number?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3