cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are overcharging me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an iPhone 5S (13th December 2013) through a website called telpack which are a trading division of Carphone Warehouse. Received the phone yesterday (16th December 2013). But now it seems that O2 are charging me a monthly tariff of £32.00 when I clearly signed up to a contract which says the monthly tariff will be £27.00. I have the confirmation email and the deal is still on the website to prove this. I spoke to someone on live chat and they said that they cannot do anything about this and that I would need to speak to carphone warehouse to deal with the matter. My question is are O2 just saying this because they don't want to take responsibility for this error, is there possibly any way for them to reduce it to £27.00 or do I have no choice but to contact carphone warehouse. I'm really frustrated about this, this is my first contract and its only been a day and a bit and already i'm having to go through all this trouble Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
CPW have a 7 day cooling off period as do o2 if you purchase directly.

I bought instore paying £149.99 for the handset and £27 per month for the same bundle you are on. (I got 2 contracts on Galaxy S4's).

I had no problem with the set up or the account so I would go back to CPW (it is they you have your contract with and so are responsible for sorting it out) and if they can't or won't then cancel, hand the phone back and order directly through o2 as adriennadavey has suggested.

CPW are a reputable company and would gain nothing by ripping you off. It should sort quite easily especially if you have emails to prove your case.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It will be a £27 tariff and a £5 data bolt on I would guess. This £5 is been cut off everyone's bill eventually, they are just working their way through the accounts adding the discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

But the deal said £27 per month for unlimited mins and text and 1GB data so why is there a £5 bolt on? 

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked on My O2 app aswell the 1GB data bolt on clearly says at the botton that the monthly cost for that is FREE.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
OK then I don't know, sorry, I guessed your tariff wrongly as you didn't say what you were on.
You'll have to get back to CPW to see what they signed you up for....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, from what I've read on other websites, you're not the only one being overcharged.

Go to CPW ASAP and sort this out, or simply cancel your contract if you can and go somewhere else

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Indeed, I'd cancel and get it through O2 directly, at least you won't get ripped off by some dodgy "trading company".....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of these "cheap deals websites" are dodgy

Bad reviews, customers complaining about being overcharged, bad customer service..

That's why I stay away and go directly with o2 and I recommend the same to others!

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
How much did you pay for the handset ?
£149.99 or £119.99 ?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, from what I've read on other websites, you're not the only one being overcharged.

Go to CPW ASAP and sort this out, or simply cancel your contract if you can and go somewhere else

Will definetly call them tomorrow as their customer service line is shut now.

Message 10 of 15