cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are overcharging me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an iPhone 5S (13th December 2013) through a website called telpack which are a trading division of Carphone Warehouse. Received the phone yesterday (16th December 2013). But now it seems that O2 are charging me a monthly tariff of £32.00 when I clearly signed up to a contract which says the monthly tariff will be £27.00. I have the confirmation email and the deal is still on the website to prove this. I spoke to someone on live chat and they said that they cannot do anything about this and that I would need to speak to carphone warehouse to deal with the matter. My question is are O2 just saying this because they don't want to take responsibility for this error, is there possibly any way for them to reduce it to £27.00 or do I have no choice but to contact carphone warehouse. I'm really frustrated about this, this is my first contract and its only been a day and a bit and already i'm having to go through all this trouble Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
How much did you pay for the handset ?
£149.99 or £119.99 ?

£149.99

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144521 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Well if it's any help, I agree, it should be £27 wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Well if it's any help, I agree, it should be £27 wink

Hopefully O2 will think the same after trying to sort this out lol or i'll just have to cancel the contract.

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
CPW have a 7 day cooling off period as do o2 if you purchase directly.

I bought instore paying £149.99 for the handset and £27 per month for the same bundle you are on. (I got 2 contracts on Galaxy S4's).

I had no problem with the set up or the account so I would go back to CPW (it is they you have your contract with and so are responsible for sorting it out) and if they can't or won't then cancel, hand the phone back and order directly through o2 as adriennadavey has suggested.

CPW are a reputable company and would gain nothing by ripping you off. It should sort quite easily especially if you have emails to prove your case.
Message 14 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree with @MI5 - it will be more secure for you to purchase it from a more established company.  You may think that you are saving money by purchasing the handset at a cheaper price from a relatively unknown website, however if problems arise (such as now), they do not want to help and they will always try to mvoe the blame onto someone else and tell you to go somewhere else for help.  Even though you say it is a division of Carphone Warehouse, it still wasn't purchased from the Carphone Warehouse.  It's like saying you bought a phone from an O2 store and when you have a problem they tell you to go to an EE store.

I really hope that you sort it out.

Message 15 of 15