cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 VIA 'UNLOCK MY PHONE' ON MY DEVICE, CARPHONE WAREHOUSE PLUS O2 SHOP WON'T UNLOCK MY PHONE!!

SHARCODY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 mobile on a monthly contract from CARPHONE WAREHOUSE in JUNE 2016 and am out of contract.

I now want to have it unlocked so I can use any network/SIM.

I contacted Carphone Warehouse online via CHAT and they told me they didn't unlock phones and to go into the shop where I bought it and they would help....they couldn't!

THEY advised me to go online to O2 chat where they could help me....they couldn't!

THEY advised me to go into MY02 account and click on UNLOCK MY PHONE.

I did this and received a message said they would get back to me with instructions via email.

TURNS OUT THEY CAN'T DO IT EITHER!!

I've just received a text from them saying:

'Thanks for asking us to unlatch your device. We're sorry we can't do this for you, we've sent an email to explain'

The email from o2 referrals says, 'I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your device at this time.

The reason given is:

'THIS IS NOT AN O2 DEVICE, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR US TO PROVIDE AN UNLATCHING CODE'

Thank you,

o2 Customer Service.

WHAT!! HOW THE HELL IS IT NOT AN 02 DEVICE!!

WHAT I WANT TO ASK IS:

HOW IS IT NOT AN 02 DEVICE WHEN I BOUGHT IT AS AN 02 NETWORK PHONE AND HAVE BEEN USING THE 02 NETWORK ON IT FOR 3 YEARS!!!

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE ME NOW AS NO ONE IS WILLING/ABLE TO UNLOCK MY PHONE FOR ME!!

I'M AT THE END OF MY TETHER AS I BOUGHT THIS PHONE IN GOOD FAITH AND NOW THEY ARE ALL WASHING THEIR HANDS OF ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

Can anyone on here advise where I should go from here as I am at a loss what to do about this and I want to have my phone unlocked asap and don't want to have to purchase another phone to enable me to use another network..

ANNOYED

Belfast

Northern Ireland.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Carphone Warehouse phones are not locked. Just replace your SIM.

@SHARCODY 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Carphone Warehouse phones are not locked. Just replace your SIM.

@SHARCODY 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@SHARCODY  I'm puzzled as to why CPW didn't just tell you that the phone is already unlocked if you bought it from them?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought all CPW bought phones were unlocked as standard 

Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36223 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Have you tried a Sim card from the network you want to move to in the S7 yet? 

Betcha it works... D'oh!

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Only iphones locked to the first sim from CPW. That no longer applies either I believe.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

Hopefully @SHARCODY is all sorted now slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7