cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel in Turkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does o2 have any future updates for expanding into Turkey for 2018, £3.99 a day to use a very bad 3G network is beyond a joke. One of our party was on vodaphone and they got a very good steady 4G network for NO fee.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

I wish O2 will do so too. At this moment, I had to rely on wifi or 2G if I am in Turkey. Maybe you might want to put it down as ideas that O2 should do so?

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE don't include Turkey either.

I'm on Vodafone and was awsome roaming for free whilst in Antalya!!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It seems like o2 only want to do the cheapest and bare minimum as far as roaming data is concerned.
If you are a regular traveler there are now much better networks to choose from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

That is why I need to get hold of a local SIM. It is just sad. slight_frown

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I do that in France but I do that out of necessity.
When traveling elsewhere I use either Three or EE and don't usually have any problems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

Bingo! That is why O2 should emulate other network providers e.g. 3UK by offering more free roaming countries to attract more customers. That is the reason why I still have 3UK as my backup SIM whenever I'm overseas. I hope that O2's powers-to-be are watching this space. O2 is providing good customer service but they need to improve on the deals that they offer to customers. Their Refresh deals are good but they could take up more of the pie if they allow more free roaming countries, not just limited to EU countries. I guess O2's business model does not include this so they are reluctant to do so. That is one of the many factors that 3UK is able to cut into the O2's market share by offering better roaming facilities.

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Ive tested all the networks whilst roaming as part of my job..

And can honestly say Vodafone offer 4G roaming and free(as in beer) roaming where they either own the network or have a majority share... They are the leaders in Roaming by a long way

Three are ^%&%%$&% across a lot of none EU countries even in their home country of Hong Kong, and in the US, i think they have the least priority of all networks on t-mobile, woa full speeds.

EE/BT - Billing system never worked when they where Orange/T-Mobile, roaming wasnt that bad, when it did work. Now piggy backing off of BT's global network and can offer 4G to those networks who use BT Global Services.

o2/ Telefonica, we use ill put ,my hands up, never had any issues with the 500 odd devices that are permanently roaming, billing works fine, they are the odd glitches in the matrix, and its not all roses..but the 2nd best of the networks.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8