Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up disaster

becess
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice as I'm starting to pull my hair out trying to get a solution from O2.

I did a switch up and sent my old device back, except they haven't removed it from my bill for 2 months. I've contacted them 8 times and each time I get told it's due to a different reason (e.g the phone hasn't been processed, the phone hasn't been received, the phone hasn't been put in the system correctly).

Each time I speak to them, they say they're "escalating" it to their managers and I will hear back in X amount of time... but I never do. So then I chase them again and the cycle repeats. The frustrating part is that I have proof of delivery and O2 even emailed me to say they got the phone, it meets their standards and they'll be removing it from my bill. I've submitted a formal complaint but in the meantime, I want to know if should keep paying my direct debit despite knowing its wrong?

I obviously don't mind paying for my actual contract but I'm currently paying for 2 devices, 1 device I no longer have.. 

I've wrote to my bank about it to see if they're able to help and I'll be contacting citizens advice on Monday. 

Any further advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Complaints @H2O are currently taking up to eight weeks for O2 to investigate and respond to ; when did you actually submit your complaint ?

If more than eight weeks have relapsed, please see :-  

Customer+Complaints+code+250924+V0.2.comp.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/3782743/Customer+Complaints+code+250924+V0.2.comp.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

Message 11 of 14

H2O
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They really should update their Automated Response to reflect that.  instead of 10 working days or sooner. 
I sent an email 3 weeks ago.  normal weeks,  so in business terms 15 days ago.  i've never had my head in my hands as much than doing this switch up lol.   

2 months since doing the switch up. so by your above message this will take quarter of a year to even investigate, and £346 from me if they can't credit me each month until this is resovled. 

Message 12 of 14

Bellewalsh12345
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the exact same problem it’s driving me mad. I’ve made a formal complaint via email and it they don’t resolve it I’m referring it to Ofcom. I’ve made over 42 calls to them since 26 sep. can’t even take my number elsewhere at the mo. They have new dad set up to take for £56 and it should only be £9.79 it’s a disgrace . They have admitted they have the phone back but there is a delay updating their system. 

Message 13 of 14

cmh0311
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been dealing with the same headache with them since May! Submitted a complaint at the beginning of Sep and chased it but not heard anything back yet!

Message 14 of 14