cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SHARER DATA TARIFS MINI GUIDE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inspired by a recent post and because there has been a bit of confusion about this I've made a "Quick" guide for The O2 Data Tarifs...Hope you find it useful! slight_smile

What do I need to set up

a Sharer Plan?

The owner of the leader device needs to be:

On an O2 Refresh Airtime Plan taken out after 28 February 2014 with 1 GB or above and a Shared

Data Bolt On. If you take out a new O2 Refresh tariff, you can choose this Bolt On from the start. If

you’re already on a compatible O2 Refresh tariff,you can swap your normal data Bolt On for a

Shared Data Bolt On.

Registered on My O2

Each member device needs to be:

On a new O2 Refresh or compatible Sim only tariff

Registered in the leader device owner’s name and My O2 profile. The accounts

What Is It / Who can have it?

There are a number of different tariffs available for Sharer Data and these are known as Sharer Plans. There are two main types of tariff for customers that want to create a Sharer group: Leader tariffs (also known as ‘Leader Sharer Plans’) and Member tariffs (also know ‘Member Sharer Plans’). Details of these are listed below:

Only the Leader's data allowance is shared. Other additional products & services - such as O2 Travel - can be added to, or removed from, individual accounts (either Leaders or Members) without any impact on the Sharer group. These products & services will only be available for the mobile number to which they were added so other connections within the group will not be able to use or benefit from them.

This also applies to data roaming caps. Adding a cap, or opting out of it, only affects that individual mobile number so any other connections within the group need to be updated individually as required.

Only UK data can be shared. If the Leader of a group is roaming, their Sharer Data allowance will still be available for all Members to use from the UK. If a Member is roaming, they will not be able to use the Leader's allowance and the standard data roaming charges for their price plan will apply.

Out of allowance charges apply as set out in the applicable price plans for all Leader and Member connections.

Leader Sharer Plans

Leader Sharer Plans are compatible with the following Q1 14 tariffs with 1GB or above:

• 24M Refresh (including 24M / 8GB / CCA / Staff / 4G)
• 24M SIMO (used only in conjunction with Refresh)
• Refresh Data Only
• 24M SIMO Data Only (used only in conjunction with Refresh)

All Leaders must have a Q3 14 Sharer Data bolt-on in order to share their data. If a customer has taken out a Q1 14 tariff with 1GB or above between 28th February 2014 and 10th November 2014, they will need to swap their core data bolt-on for a Sharer bolt-on.

Member Sharer Plans

Member Sharer Plans are available as either Voice & Text or Access to Share Data-only variants.

Voice & Text (all with unlimited calls & texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (12 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £18.00

Access to Share Data-only (all with 100 texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £6.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £8.00

Note- Please bear in mind that offers and tariffs keep on changing so there may be more tariffs to be added or removed in the future

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Good to finally see some pricing information on there too.

Not bad prices but if you shop around there are cheaper options (non shared data so depends so depends how much each person uses) out there.

But a fair idea never the less

Talking about the pricing @Anonymous mentioned, I presume they will need amending every time they change... @Anonymous ?

Short version @Cleoriff ...yes!;)
Message 11 of 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Am I reading that correctly....
Someone sharing my plan has to pay £15 just to share my allowances....?

Dunno Rich...maybe @Anonymous  can tell you...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 31

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Am I reading that correctly....
Someone sharing my plan has to pay £15 just to share my allowances....?

Dunno Rich...maybe @Anonymous  can tell you...??

I was hoping so........?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. The £15 is the sharers payment for their unlimited calls and texts.

Only the data is shared.
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appologies @MI5 , didnt see it... but piperdog has answered it, you get unlimited calls and sms.

Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I did actually guess that sharing unlimited calls and sms meant that both got unlimited wink
But what I perhaps didn't ask correctly was that an additional tariff is required to be taken out at a cost of £15 per month (ie, I can't just add another account that I own)?
I'm just trying to work out if it would be beneficial to me or not, that's all slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends what you have already, but one of them has to be a refresh, not necessarily a phone, can be a tablet and then you can add other post paid devices, but some of them can have the tariff changed in order to be compatible. 

Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just signed up my 2nd phone too my main phone on unlimted/unlimted 8 gb tariff. £15 for unlimted/unlimted and share the 8gb
Was a pain as the upgrade team need to be more informed of these details had to speak to disconnections to get it.
Got sony z3 compact £20 upfront and £15 a month on refresh.
Message 18 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I just signed up my 2nd phone too my main phone on unlimted/unlimted 8 gb tariff. £15 for unlimted/unlimted and share the 8gb
Was a pain as the upgrade team need to be more informed of these details had to speak to disconnections to get it.

Pleased about this...though as you say, the right team should know. Probably the disconnections are more knowledgeable because they have to convince you to stay

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 31

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers, I understand it now....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 31