Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh send back old phone

Lux1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I used o2 refresh to upgrade to an iPad Pro. I’ve received the iPad and am very happy so far. I’ve just received a envelope to return/recycle my old handset. Do I need to do this? I had three emails about the new contract, all three do not have the attachments to open...

I dropped my original iPhone 6 and have been using a secondhand 6 for the last year. It is now on its last legs and often doesn’t respond to touch. I was hoping I could sell it for something on eBay.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In which case I assume you paid the early upgrade fee?
If so, the phone is yours to do with as you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lux1 

If you have completed your 2 year refresh term, the phone is paid for and is yours to keep.

If, however, you used the phone against an early upgrade it must be returned, but they will be expecting your original phone in mint condition, or else you will be charged extra for the early upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

Lux1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to clarify, i upgraded two months early from my non refresh ( normal 18 month ) contract. I’ve moved to a refresh contract, does this make a difference?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lux1 If you read my guide I linked to above it will state that with Refresh you have 2 credit agreements One for the device & one for the airtime. The bill gets produced then your money gets taken 14 days later 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In which case I assume you paid the early upgrade fee?
If so, the phone is yours to do with as you wish.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Lux1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes just spoke to o2, the phone is mine to keep.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
For sure it is mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8