Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle scam

Ads11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else fallen prey to this? I got quotes £295 for my near perfect Apple iPhone 11, had an email offering £59 as there is “LCD damage” absolute garbage, the phone was almost  immaculate, I only upgraded because I wanted a plus, I’ve told them to send it back but looking at some answers I’ll either get a diff phone or my phone that they have damaged, stupidly I trusted o2 and didn’t take pics before I sent it but there is a mark where I’ll know if it’s my phone or not, I’m furious, shame on o2 for using this company

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10755 Posts
  • 58 Topics
  • 3110 Solutions

The FCA wont care, as this doesn't fall under their remit, and also it is an offer based on criteria...

And Trading Standards will do SFA about it, apart from log it somewhere.....

You would be better complaining to Ingram Micro and getting the report from them, that the Apple Software produced. 

And just to be fair, CEX, Music Magpie, Mazuma etc may have all come back with the same, and all do the same thing, and they can offer what they want and just because you say it is excellent doesn't mean it is, and you would be surprised at how many people tick the excellent box.. 

The only recycling company I have found to be fair is Spring..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 12

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7845 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

And Trading Standards will do SFA about it, apart from log it somewhere.....

My experience @madasaf1sh is that Trading Standards will act if they get numerous complaints about the same issue. However, even then, you are reliant on the TS office on who's patch the business's Head Office is situated having sufficient resources to tackle the problem.    

Message 12 of 12