Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total monthly shows £24.xx for which ever tariff I select

Jetz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am looking to switch my tariff to a new plan, I am currently on about £11.73/month for £4Gb and Vodaphone is offering 30Gb for £8/month. But even if I look to upgrade to a new tariff within O2, 30Gb with O2 is £18.76 but when I select this tariff and go to the next 'summary page' with the optional bolt-on's, the final price has changed to £24.63! and that is without any bolt-on's selected. And it does not matter which tariff I select, the total final monthly remains the same including the unlimited plans!

It is much more cost effective for me to move to Vodaphone!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10933 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@Jetz 

Then move to Vodafone if you are out of contract, if you are still in contract then you will need to pay off  any outstanding commitment to o2. 

You can always try the Sales team on 0808 002 0202 and see if they can offer anything different, but I dount they will match Vodafone..

How to cancel is here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  as well.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@Jetz 

Use USwitch
https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/
Choose the deal you want
This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website
Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option
Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost
Payment date is the same and your next bill will be at a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff
The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours
Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Jetz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I contacted O2, and the call handler tried to sell me off that the affiliate 'uswitch' have better deals than what O2 offer with some waffle. Sure it it makes sense as the supplier directly has more flexibility, but she try to explain it with some waffle. Then when I compared with Vodaphone, she had the audacity to tell me they do not own their own network and use another supplier for it and a quick google whilst on the call I had to correct her. Then we looked at my options and it was still expensive, I requested a PAC code and for some reason she asked me to read the PAC code out back to her for verification that I have the right PAC code, which she literally trigger for me to receive in text. I could not understand why I would need to read this out to her so kindly declined and this frustrated her and she started being reactive. I requested to be put through to her manager she ask why I would want to do that. I explained that I was not happy with the current situation, she explained it was more than an hour wait, I was happy to wait. She put me through, it took approx 10 mins. The manager explained the understanding from the handler but failed to explain the waffle I provided with, so I explained that. The manager was good, apologetic and empathic. Tried to retain me, explained that I do not need to repeat the PAC code. I did not wish to stay with O2 and likely to move to Vodaphone, within 5 mins, I had the O2 retention team calling me, they sign me up a similar deal at a better rate in line with what I was after. 

It should not have taken this long but we got there in the end. Note. between me writing my first message to this one was the time it took to get here.

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8268 Posts
  • 174 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Jetz 

Glad you got there in the end. 👍

Our Community manager, @Dave-O2, might be interested in the contrasting feedback you have given ; your reservations about the audacious first colleague that you spoke to and the manager who "...was good, apologetic and empathic".

Message 5 of 5