Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle scam

Ads11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else fallen prey to this? I got quotes £295 for my near perfect Apple iPhone 11, had an email offering £59 as there is “LCD damage” absolute garbage, the phone was almost  immaculate, I only upgraded because I wanted a plus, I’ve told them to send it back but looking at some answers I’ll either get a diff phone or my phone that they have damaged, stupidly I trusted o2 and didn’t take pics before I sent it but there is a mark where I’ll know if it’s my phone or not, I’m furious, shame on o2 for using this company

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124431 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Ads11 

Common practice for O2 Recycle I'm afraid

You could make a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Using resolver is the best bet.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 124431 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Ads11 

Common practice for O2 Recycle I'm afraid

You could make a complaint.

Using resolver is the best bet.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

CAK
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone 10 days ago and sent my old iPhone 13 Pro into O2 recycle.I had documented that my phone was in excellent condition with no faults or cosmetic damage. O2 recycle gave me a trade in price of £310. Once O2 recycle received my phone they texted me to say there was a camera fault and reduced their offer to £62. I was perplexed as I had used my camera on day that I prepared my phone for recycling and there was no issue with it.
I called O2 and they seemed uninterested and advised I had the option to reject the offer and have my phone returned, which I did.
I received my phone back yesterday and took it to an Apple Store to ask advice. They ran a thorough diagnostics test on it and said there was no faults identified and offered me a voucher for £308 as it was as I described in perfect condition.
I feel I have received a dishonest and unprofessional service from a reputable company such as O2.
I would not recommend O2 recycle to anyone and suggest checking with Apple first before trusting any individual’s assessment of your phone.
There are several reviews on the internet with people experiencing the same with O2 recycle and I feel this should be addressed.

Message 3 of 12

CAK
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone 10 days ago and sent my old iPhone 13 Pro into O2 recycle.I had documented that my phone was in excellent condition with no faults or cosmetic damage. O2 recycle gave me a trade in price of £310. Once O2 recycle received my phone they texted me to say there was a camera fault and reduced their offer to £62. I was perplexed as I had used my camera on day that I prepared my phone for recycling and there was no issue with it.
I called O2 and they seemed uninterested and advised I had the option to reject the offer and have my phone returned, which I did.
I received my phone back yesterday and took it to an Apple Store to ask advice. They ran a thorough diagnostics test on it and said there was no faults identified and offered me a voucher for £308 as it was as I described in perfect condition.
I feel I have received a dishonest and unprofessional service from a reputable company such as O2.
I would not recommend O2 recycle to anyone and suggest checking with Apple first before trusting any individual’s assessment of your phone.
There are several reviews on the internet with people experiencing the same with O2 recycle and I feel this should be addressed.

Message 4 of 12

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7845 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Ads11 

If your handset is returned to you, I have always found Mazuma Mobile to be very fair in their assessment of my 'phones :-

Trade in my old phone for cash | Mazuma Mobile

https://www.mazumamobile.com/

Of course, there are numerous other good handset recycling companies if you search online. 

Message 5 of 12

Oxonian
  • 7845 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@CAK 

I wouldn't let reviews on the internet colour your view of O2 recycle. Stick to the facts, which in your case are compelling because you have got an opinion from Apple ! 

Have you considered making a formal complaint to O2 ? In your case, it will not get you anywhere, but it will at least alert O2 to the problem :-   

How to Complain | Help | O2

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93398 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6991 Solutions

No need to check internet reviews

Just do a search on the community for these recycle cowboys

Many, many complaints, they really do try to rip people off

Message 7 of 12

CAK
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply and I have made a formal complaint to O2

Message 8 of 12

Oxonian
  • 7845 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@CAK 

Please keep this thread updated with developments.  

Message 9 of 12

CAK
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I made three formal complaints to O2 and they didn’t even reply. I have now complained to the financial Ombudsman and will also complain to Trading Standards as this is misleading practice.

Message 10 of 12