cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2- Maintenance on the mast?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean-Maintetance? Is is an upgrade or emproving the coverage or fixing unexpected issue? Vodafone have on the status checker an upgrade or emproving the coverage or fixing unexpected issue. Do not you guys think that we have the rights to know what exactly is going on?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could mean upgrading it to Improve 2g /3G or making it 4g compliant.

Or repairs.

Unfortunately O2 do not give timescales.

It's a case of checking the service status and once it's showing as good then turn your phone off and on if necessary to re connect to the network.

Network Future link http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could mean upgrading it to Improve 2g /3G or making it 4g compliant.

Or repairs.

Unfortunately O2 do not give timescales.

It's a case of checking the service status and once it's showing as good then turn your phone off and on if necessary to re connect to the network.

Network Future link http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing
Message 2 of 4

MarkTadley
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well, I have had this type of message permantly on the nearest mast to me and used as an excuse for my unbeleiveavbly bad 2G signal.

O2, for me, do not seem to care about rural areas and only worry about the town type of areas yet promote they are one of the market leaders. I am beginning to think the complete oppersite.

My only saving grace is I am now just 5 months away from the end of my 24 month hell of a contract.

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok fair enough.

Before you leave by cancelling when your ready or using a PAC code you could unlock your phone for free and please use other network SIM cards to ensure they do give you good signal.

Take care.
Message 4 of 4