Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Topics: 124
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 44

Re: O2 Debt Collection - Dispelling The Myths

So why did you cancel the direct debt prior to paying the final bill. Some personal responsibility here surely?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

because i was told my contract was complete and i dont trust O2 to bill me correctly and stop billing.

What has that got to do with the "myth dispelling" statement that is completely incorrect ? nothing at all.

Highlighted

Because your claim in nonsense, and IIRC your advised by all networks that the final bill can take upto 30 after your notice to take into account any unbilled foreign usage. O2s systems issue bills monthly by electronic or paper based means. It's more likely you didnt get notice down to change in email, or postal issue.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

wrong again - i have the same email and postal address and phone number that I have had for 3 years.

Gentleman from payment centre confirmed that no attempt had been made to contact me.

anything else?

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Many people have had a default placed on their credit account because of final bills not being paid. Yes it can take until the next billing date for a final statement but the only invariable factor from the many posts is that none of the customers have had notification of outstanding amounts.

Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 12,993

It certainly sounds like o2 need to work harder at letting customers know.
They can't be blamed if not told......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 738

It appears very easy for them to write the procedure. Carrying them out correctly is another matter ...Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

I just don't understand this, there is no human involvement is sending a bill. So at the very least, those concerned should at least get their final bill, even if the don't get the reminders.
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Yes hard to understand but there must be human involvement somewhere along the line as no notification has been sent. A fully automated system would email and text the same as it would for a normal monthly bill. The fact is that no one seems to be informed of any outstanding payment as documented in many threads on the community.

Highlighted
Level 25: Hard Hitter

Got to agree, the running similarity is that there is no notification of a debt...

That's why we stress to leave the DD in place until your bill comes in at £0

O2 need to listen to their customers