cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay bill online or automated service payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband is trying to pay his airtime bill but won't accept payment, he never had problems before and we have made numerous attempts. Just keeps saying payment failed please contact our bank. But his card is working fine elsewhere. I even tried using my card and said the same thing, tried paying with the automated payment line and got refused. So after about 15 attempts he did phone his bank and they said its nothing at the banks end and they even said there has been nothing gone through from o2 to his bank to get rejected, we did manage to pay the device plan after 5 attempts at trying. Is there something wrong with the site. As I even tried making payment around someone else house and was refused. 

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Join the club
Message 2 of 38

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Emphasis on that part "we rang the banks and they even said there has been nothing gone through from o2 to his bank to get rejected, "

Exactly what I've been saying but only Toby on here wants to listen to that.
Message 3 of 38

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

This appears to be an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved. If you do a search you will see others with a similar problem.

Nothing will get sorted over the long bank holiday weekend, and maybe not even after that, seeing as how this has been going on for some time. You might want to think about setting up a direct debit, which would avoid these kinds of problems completely.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 38

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tried doing that yesterday, operator informed me, we can do that once the outstanding amounts are cleared.
But can't clear outstanding amounts.
After spending approx 4 hours on this yesterday, I cleared 4 of my total 10 payments.
Message 5 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Well we knew this would happen. Absolutely outrageous that this will probably affect peoples credit rating through O2 system error. It HAS to be sorted asap. As said... it appears direct debit is the only safe way to pay. Others are included in this link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 38

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

I didn't realize you were in this same boat @viridis. This must be going on for some time if you have so many outstanding payments. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Tried doing that yesterday, operator informed me, we can do that once the outstanding amounts are cleared.
But can't clear outstanding amounts.
After spending approx 4 hours on this yesterday, I cleared 4 of my total 10 payments.

I am sure you spent longer than that? Either way absolutely frustrating that you spent longer than 5 minutes on a system that worked well...till O2 decided to 'improve' it

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 38

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Totally ridiculous that O2 can't fix this after over a month of problems. This can have disastrous effects on peoples live for years to come. Trying to get rid of defaults wrongly placed on a credit file can be stressful and frustrating. Direct debits yes, the way to go but as said, the bill has to be paid before they will set them up.

Message 9 of 38

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I didn't realize you were in this same boat @viridis. This must be going on for some time if you have so many outstanding payments. 

For over a month..

Luckily last month the old payment system could be accessed by the back door into old bills, so luckily I got them all paid last month.

I did inform them tho last month of the issues and the non ability to pay using the new system, since then, the old (working and fine) system has been removed, my 5 bills have came in (10 payments of 5x airtime, 5x device) and since 24th Dec I've been trying to pay daily, all failing in this garbage system, same reasons "contact your bank" bank then tells me/us everything is active on your card, we haven't even got a record of these requests" 

Multiple cards, multiple types, all same result.

The system is broken

Message 10 of 38