cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Chat Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I chatted to an O2 chat representative called Kim. I was after a pay monthly iPhone, she advised me that she will give me £50 credit and it will work as follows. I would opt for £12 line rental + £20 for the phone per month. The £50 would be applied so that I wouldn't pay the £12 line rental for the first four months. She said that I place an online order and she will be there and I give her the order number. I did that and she said she has put it on my account. She sounded genuine, but my contract started today and lo and behold I got charged the line rental, I advised O2 and there is no record from Kim. How do I track down this person, she may have just made a mistake, I 'm hoping so. Can O2 look at past chats, I would like them to investigate, it's a matter of principle and O2 are not adhering to consumer protection regulations! The annoying thing is I get a computer says no response, no one I've spoken gives me any advice. Frustrating.
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Really I would only advise opening up a contract through O2 Uk Customer Services and independent or an 02 shop.

As said it's now best to make this official and see where you get.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is why we recommend to avoid live chat

Have you sent your conversation with Kim to your email as proof?

Only thing, speak to complaints team and explain the situation

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Really I would only advise opening up a contract through O2 Uk Customer Services and independent or an 02 shop.

As said it's now best to make this official and see where you get.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same issue. Was told I'll be credited the upfront cost of the iPhone by someone on live chat. Kept all my conversations. Bought the new iPhone, provided proof and was credited. If you can't get thru over the phone, always keep the chat records for future references.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
A wise move Adrianna.
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A wise move Adrianna.

Thanks.

Was misleaded by online advisors so it was only fair to be credited the upfront cost at least.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope the OP returns and updates their thread with a favourable outcome.
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Let's hope the OP returns and updates their thread with a favourable outcome.

Definitely. Hope you get it sorted Abida.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I stupidly didn't save the chat. She seemed very helpful, just accepted that she did put the £50 credit on the order. I have emailed the complaints department, got the name Kim, and the time and day I chatted with her. I just hope they keep chats as records. I am genuinely an honest person, perhaps she just made a mistake, either way I would be very disappointed with O2 if they didn't honour the agreement made. I will await their response and update the thread. Lesson learnt, never accept that someone has done something without keeping a record. I care more about the frustration of the incompetence than the £50!
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Abida.

Typically O2 are generally accommodating.

Good luck , fingers crossed and we look forward to your update.
Message 10 of 16