cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Bill £600 can't pay

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone bill is £600 😞 will I be allowed to pay instalments like £100 a month which includes my monthly bill and an extra 50 on top? I'm desperate. Really can't be cut off. Please help
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to call 202 and discuss this with cs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will have to call 202 and discuss this with cs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The question you need to ask yourself is how on earth you got a bill that high? Are you on the right tariff? ??

O2v will almost certainly allow you to pay the debt in instalments but will also likely restrict service until it is fully paid.
Message 3 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Perhaps the account is overdue for payment and this is the amount O2 require to pay off the contract period ?

Can't imagine how a £50pm contract can grow to £600

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

First thing you need to do is cancel your DD, so contact your bank. Then you need to wait for the bill to be due, so check on my O2 what the due date is.Then ring 202 and they will transfer you to the payment management team. Based on the length of time you will need,be prepared to have your outgoing calls bared....Smiley Frustrated Is there any chance you can come up with £300? When you pay half upfront they are a bit more flexible,depending on your payment history.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 16

jnm21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you have a good credit history?  If so, act quickly, get a 0% on purchases credit card & pay this bill on that (stating 'payment under protest' if you feel it is not correct); you can then pay off the credit card ASAP.

Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi @Anonymous 

First thing you need to do is cancel your DD, so contact your bank. Then you need to wait for the bill to be due, so check on my O2 what the due date is.Then ring 202 and they will transfer you to the payment management team. Based on the length of time you will need,be prepared to have your outgoing calls bared....Smiley Frustrated Is there any chance you can come up with £300? When you pay half upfront they are a bit more flexible,depending on your payment history.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Anonymous  I have just seen your reply above. Any reason why you are advising the OP to cancel the DD? Normally it's the one thing we advise against?.... Genuinely interested here:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we need more info from the OP about what has created this bill before we can effectively answer this question.
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous can you please come back and update us / answer the questions so we can try to assist?
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hi @Anonymous 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Anonymous  I have just seen your reply above. Any reason why you are advising the OP to cancel the DD? Normally it's the one thing we advise against?.... Genuinely interested here:smileywink:

I know but on this one it will not help her to have it on. I assume she doesn't want 600.00 to be taken from her account based on what she said.She either doesn't have it and she will get a rejected DD,possibly incurring in extra charges from the bank or she has 600.00 in her bank account and if O2 takes it she wont have any money left. Fair enough O2 wants a dd for the refresh accounts but on this one it will just do the op more harm than good. after she can speak with debt management and set up the payment plan and the dd again. O2 will not give her bad credit just because she canceled the dd.:smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 16