Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2/BT outage

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brits using mobile networks EE, O2, Giffgaff, and BT Mobile are unable to make calls this evening, UK time, amid an ongoing network breakdown.  Judging from complaints online, subscribers cannot make outgoing calls, and some can't receive any, either. It appears the fault lies in the BT national network. 

"There seems to be what looks like a fairly major technical issue with some UK mobile networks right now," said one source.  EE said it is aware its phone network isn't working properly, and said "engineers are working on the issue and will resolve as soon as possible."  Giffgaff, meanwhile, is reporting that its customers are unable to make any outgoing calls to landlines, mobiles outside of O2's network, and calls to 0800 numbers are currently down.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/01/11/bt_o2_and_ee_hit_by_network_issues/

Wish BT and o2 had updated their service status pages. Been on the phone to BT for ages after the landline was having problems ringing out (only numbers to test on were o2 and EE unfortunately)

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anyone else get an email.....?

Sorry you’ve been having network problems.

We’re working hard to fix the issue and will be in touch within 48 hours, or sooner if it’s fixed.

In the meantime, stay connected over wifi for free with TU Go: http://s.o2.co.uk/ioXSuo

Message 11 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:
Just abit annoyed i didnt thinking of checking places like DownDetector first. Spend a good few hours of my life testing different landlines, checking internal wiring etc when a quick Google would have shown the problem grin

We'll try to update here on the community as much as possible during these times @paulbacon, so do come back here and make a post should you notice any issues again slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No I haven't had an email @jonsie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, me neither....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 26

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Anyone else get an email.....?

Sorry you’ve been having network problems.

We’re working hard to fix the issue and will be in touch within 48 hours, or sooner if it’s fixed.

In the meantime, stay connected over wifi for free with TU Go: http://s.o2.co.uk/ioXSuo

No email for me

Message 15 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Quick update; BT has confirmed that the problem is now fixed and those customers who may have been impacted are able to make calls successfully. We will continue to monitor service overnight to ensure stability for everyone. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That was so quick, hardly anyone noticed wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Who cares about twitter ? wink

Currently using:
Message 20 of 26