Did you mean: 

Number migration

Jm444
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My device plan has finished and I'm just paying the tariff although this is high at the moment. I'm looking to upgrade to the new iPhone se and I've seen a good deal via a 3rd part site but still with the 02 network. If i buy that contract it will be a new sim with a new number. Can I migrate my existing number over to that sim (02 to 02) If so will there be charges e.g 30 days bill to be paid as effectively I would be ending this contract. Would that mean for the first month I would be paying 2 contracts costs? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Jm444 

If you are upgrading, just call customer services to migrate your number.

Better still, if your old sim fits the new phone then just use that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Jm444
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It wouldn't be a upgrade it would be a new contract but still with 02 as the provider. If I just swapped the sim would this cancel the old contract as I wouldn't want to be paying both contracts?

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

If you call to migrate your number, this would end the previous contract. @Jm444 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Jm444
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for this, would the final bill be generated up to the day I call to migrate the number, or would it include 30 days billing on top like a notice period?

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Jm444 

You payment date would remain unchanged.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@Jm444 wrote:

Thank you for this, would the final bill be generated up to the day I call to migrate the number, or would it include 30 days billing on top like a notice period?

@Jm444 

30 days notice is no longer required (OFCOM rule changes) so you will be just billed up to the day you migrate your number, assuming you are currently out of contract, or up to your end day if not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7