cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Lost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I recently got an iphone on contract but changed my mind a few days later when I found I could save over £300 over the 24 months by buying the phone outright and staying Prepay. I had ported my Original Number over to this contract and when I returned the phone the guy in Carphone Warehouse told me I could keep my number but when i went through countless advisors trying to sort it at O2 they concluded that i could not reverse port the number because it was disconnected.

Can I ask what happens to these numbers, i.e. do they just vanish and is there a way i can get o2 to help me get it back, i have been using it for over 10 years.

Also, i cannot see my bill online, so i was wondering what they can do about the remaining credit i had before i transferred my number to the contactd now it has disconnected.

many thanks in advance,

Kris

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They get deactivated & reallocated to new sims. You won't be able to get the credit back, you could speak to live chat

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
They get deactivated & reallocated to new sims. You won't be able to get the credit back, you could speak to live chat
Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should have obtained a Port Authorisation Code (PAC) from the network before cancelling.

You could then have moved the number to another sim.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3