Did you mean: 

Number Change

Shaun2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello.

I had a new contract out with O2 on Sunday - my phone got delivered on Monday. While taking out my contact with O2 I got the PAC number off my provider at the time and entered this when asked if I wanted to keep my number. As of yet my number has been disconnect from my old sim but has not yet been transferred to my O2 sim. When will this happen? Do I need to take any other steps?

Thank you
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27702 Solutions

@Shaun2 

If your old SIM is disconnected it should have transferred to the new SIM by now. Have you rebooted the new phone?

What phone is it? 

If it won't connect to the network the SIM may be faulty so you'd need to call customer service for a replacement Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

JerryJ
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having the same issue and all of o2 is closed which is probably why
Message 3 of 8

jgrob1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same problem. Old BT SIM went dead yesterday. Voicemail now says O2 - but phone and account still think it's the temporary number. I have tried resetting multiple times. Got an email from BT that O2 had my number now, but still hasn't transferred.
Message 4 of 8

Shaun2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s the iPhone 8! I have turned it on and off multiple times and even took the sim out. Obviously I have signal etc but it’s the temporary number still, and when I call my number it says that it doesn’t recognise it.

Maybe with everything going on right now there behind. I may leave it for a while longer see if it updates and if not give them a call.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27702 Solutions

@Shaun2 

Change the number on your phone in Settings >Phone >My Number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Shaun2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will give this a go, thank you 

Message 7 of 8

Shaun2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 This still hasnt worked. I appreciate your help though. I will give them a call. 

Message 8 of 8