Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not account holder

Mm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I am just looking for advice I haven’t been able to get much help from o2 and wondered if there was any other way of going about it. I pay for my own and my brothers phone contract and have done for a few years but the account wasn’t opened by myself.. I have been asking to get the account changed over to my name but it seems to be the only way this can be done is by having both myself and the account holder on the phone and this is not possible. Without getting in to too much detail I have no way of contacting the account holder. Surely there must be another way to change this. And if I can’t would I be able to cancel my contract without contacting the holder?? Thank you.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Mm all you can do is take your own contract, but in order to keep your number and cancel the current one, you need the account holder.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mm My understanding is that what you've been told is correct. Only the account holder can alter the account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Mm all you can do is take your own contract, but in order to keep your number and cancel the current one, you need the account holder.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The only way to change the name is as advised.
If you want to cancel then you just need to give 30 days notice. You will then be sent a final bill. Once paid your account will be closed.
Please be aware that unless you have reached the end of your contract then your final bill will be months remaining x monthly amount.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
The only way to change the name is as advised.
If you want to cancel then you just need to give 30 days notice. You will then be sent a final bill. Once paid your account will be closed.
Please be aware that unless you have reached the end of your contract then your final bill will be months remaining x monthly amount.

But the OP isn't the account holder so cannot give notice.

Do you have access to My O2 @Mm?

Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Technically, no. But if they call up and know all the security answers and are the bill payer then who will know?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's why I ask if they have access to My O2 as they can then change the security question.

Message 7 of 7