cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noit Receiving Text Messages from Australia

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a O2 Pay and Go account using a Samsung GT E1150I phone. Since the 5th May she has not been receiving text messages from our daughter in Australia. Before then there were no problems. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the O2 network but the messages have still not been received. MY daughter has not received any error messages at her end but has received messages sent from here.

Can anyone supply an explanation and/or a solution - I can't find anything on the phone's menus to check this.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there slight_smile Tricky one this; O2 do not guarantee the sending of SMS or recieval from foreign networks as far as i know, and this does appear to be a network related issue. Have you tried getting your daughter to send a txt to another UK number? as it could be an issue with her network. On some of the older phones, within the SMS settings, there is an option called reply path - if you see this try switching from on to off or vice versa. Failing this, give O2 a call and see if a case can be raised, but has i said earlier, i dont think they will guarantee SMS between foreign networks. Hope this helps. Bri

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there slight_smile Tricky one this; O2 do not guarantee the sending of SMS or recieval from foreign networks as far as i know, and this does appear to be a network related issue. Have you tried getting your daughter to send a txt to another UK number? as it could be an issue with her network. On some of the older phones, within the SMS settings, there is an option called reply path - if you see this try switching from on to off or vice versa. Failing this, give O2 a call and see if a case can be raised, but has i said earlier, i dont think they will guarantee SMS between foreign networks. Hope this helps. Bri

Message 2 of 2