Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Slimjim13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have no service on an iPhone 4S on O2 yet my wife has 4 bars I. Her iphone 5 still on O2
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Giffgaff went down again last night and it was fixed inside 4 hours - Don't know if related issue or not though.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A couple of days ago I discovered that my iphone5 [on o2] is not 4g comaptible - even tho that was the prime reason I upgraded in Jan 2013 - and to get a 4g compatible version I need to spend another £600 - I wasn't told this when I upgraded and I think I have been mis-sold! However, to top it all - since upgarding to a 5 my phone and 3G service has been so hit and miss it's hardly worth using sometimes - and now I've got no data access at all!! Even tho the 02 site says everything is ok!!! What the hell are you doing o2?? your service used to be great - for at least the last year it's been awful!!! If it wasn't for the fact that I have over 12 months left on my contract and can't afford to move I'd leave tomorrow!! Absolutely shocking service - no wonder you are losing customers. Will I get a refund on my bill as I have had no service for God knows how long since I bought this phone?I can't even get a decent signal in my house, phone or 3g, and I live in the middle of a city!!!

Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

This is currently on the serice status page:

Start Fixed Details Status
Oct 3, 2013

10:45 am

We've got some problems with our phone service right now. Some phone numbers might not be working at all. Those numbers could be anywhere in the UK or abroad.

Ongoing

The iPhone 5 is not compatible with O2's 4G band as it didn't have 4G when that phone was launched. It was widely publicised at the time 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

its been down since 11am, it is now 3pm

Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same.  Can dail out, but cannot receive calls - a big beeeep if you try to call my number, and no data or messaging service at all.  I have switched off/on, taken sim card out and wiped it - no change!

Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well no one mentioned lack of 4g when i upgraded from my 4 - I'd have waited for a few months if I'd known.

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

will we get a refund for the lost service time?

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well no one mentioned lack of 4g when i upgraded from my 4 - I'd have waited for a few months if I'd known.

Post from here last year http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Why-upgrade-to-iPhone-5-on-02-when-you-ll-never-be-able-to-use/m-p/283344#M87523

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 144975 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ultimately it will depend on the length of time the issue remains.

There is no obligation to give a refund, however, there was a gesture of goodwill after an issue last year to those effected.....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 26