Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network available when trying to make a call

Mlocky657
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am a Pay monthly customer with a mobile contract also. My phone broke on tuesday **Personal info**19 i am having it repaired but as i suffer with mental health and respiorty issues also im having to self isolate for 12 weeks and im in the 9th week of that but i am so reliant on my phone not only for personal use but for contact to the hospital and my carers i had to purchase a phone straight away. I purchased a Huawei Y6 2016/17 not 100% on the year. However it is definatly an 02 phone. I put my sim into the phone and i have a signal and it shows 02 in the left hand corner. But when i make a call its cuts me off and tells me on the screen  MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVALIABLE. I have contacted the place where i bought it from online and they are telling me there is nothing they can do as it is a 2nd hand mobile and they say it was checked and worked at the time of purchase. So basicly they are saying i have broke it which i did not. Can you please help me on this matter i really need my phone to work because of my ill health I have tried the factory reset and the network reset but nothing still the same when trying to make a call PLEASE HELP IMEI is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx HUAWEI Y6

[mod edit: please do not post IMEI numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

There has been a network fault today

Can you try rebooting the phone before anything else @Mlocky657 

Message 2 of 13

Mlocky657
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you for your reply. I have tried that but still the same.
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Mlocky657 Until you resolve the issues with your phone you can still keep in contact with the hospital and your carers if you download and install Skype. The download is free. You can buy credit and make inexpensive local calls. You can also get a temporary number that you can be contacted on, and if the person you're calling also has Skype, the call is free. You're not completely cut off.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA256/how-do-i-get-a-skype-number

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

Mlocky657
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for that information.
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're welcome @Mlocky657 Best of luck thumbsup

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The issue re calls appears to be resolved now according to O2

https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

The issue which impacted some of our customers' voice calls has now been resolved and we are seeing service levels return to normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor the situation. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Mlocky657
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you but I still have the same problem.

Message 8 of 13

Mlocky657
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ive also gone through the Gurus problem step by step guide but still the same issue i have tried to call customer services but cannot get through aprt from reporting lost or stolen or pay a bill.

Should i post this issue in the Gurus help thread ??

Message 9 of 13

Mlocky657
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've found out that the imei is blacklisted but why i dont know is there a way of getting this sorted so it works again as its no fault of mine i bought this in good faith... thanks

Message 10 of 13