cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Evan when I have 3G symbol I cannot use any type of Internet on my phone. Any aps or safari nothing works
Any ideas
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Is there an O2 coverage map for Mars ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure Amazon will sell it. They sell everything else.
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi craig86

Welcome to the forum.

Try your sim in another phone as a process of elimination.

Also a sim swap may be of help which any O2 shop can do for you.

Also try Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.

An Apple Store will look at your iPhone to run a diagnostic to make sure it's not faulty via a Genius Bar appointment.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good call @Anonymous bringing this back on topic.

I would try using 3g early in the morning say 7 or 8 am and see what type of service you get.

Near my work (before a recent upgrade) I was getting 2mbs workable download but by 10.30 it was down to 0.1mbs and there it broadly stayed until mid evening.
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Also, another option is the incorrect apn for the account type or the wrong data package.
You can check your settings against those here if your speed is no better early morning or late at night
http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings#o2%20iPhone%20APN%20MMS%20mobile%20internet%20se...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous With 3G, internet becomes more practical. Web browsers load up fairly quickly and music streaming is possible, although it’s not really fast enough for video streaming or downloading.

H

H is a faster form of 3G. Speeds make music streaming more reliable, but you’ll need lots of patience if you want to download a movie. Streaming anything longer than a few minutes might also take a lot of time. H is short for HSDPA, which stands for High-Speed Downlink Packet Access.

H+

The next step up from H, but still not as fast as a 4G connection by quite a way. Downloads are more practical and video streaming is much more reliable. Reception for H+ is more widely spread than 4G right now. H+ is short for HSDPA+.

4G/LTE

4G or Long Term Evolution is by far the fastest connection, and is almost as fast as the Wi-Fi connection at your home or office. It’s suitable for all internet activities like video streaming and movie downloading, video calls and so on.
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Oh the irony wink

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blimey
Message 18 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
http://lowdown.carphonewarehouse.com/tips-reviews/what-do-the-signal-symbols-on-my-screen-mean/

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22