Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 109

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks @jonsie I’ve usually used the landside phone place rather than the airside on as it’s been okay but happy to go to 7/11 as there is one next door to hotel - will they sort out the sim and swap and set up though as that’s the bit I’m not confident with ...
Message 72 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The 7-11 won't but the centres will. But the settings are automatically downloaded to the phone anyway. Deals will be better at the centres but if you're only going for a couple of weeks then 7-11 is fine.

Message 73 of 109

Scooty997
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ended up using the pay as you go 3 sim in my iPad that hasn’t been used for years (it’s not an iPad sim just a standard payg one) topped up £15. On 3G (They don’t offer 4G in the us) using the 3 sim I get 15mbps. On O2 Travel using 4G I get 0.2mbps. Laughable really.
Message 74 of 109

Unknown_M
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Scooty997

It is laughable considering the speed caps have been removed, I was assured by the head of consumer accounts. Which I will be chasing up!!

Three, have started rolling out 4G roaming and is available in ‘other’ Three countries and a few none inclusive countries. The delay has been lack of core support until now. The fact you’re using a ‘phone’ sim makes no difference. Enjoy! Shame on O2! @Martin_O2 if this isn’t raised to the highest level, I shall have no hesitation to do so...

Thanks
Message 75 of 109

Unknown_M
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Let’s just say, the EU roaming disaster was exposed to the press and they were very interested... it could happen again 😏
Message 76 of 109

Scooty997
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Unknown_M Not a bad idea! Wouldn’t hesitate to provide any evidence etc. Absolute joke a £15 3 Sim out does my iPhone X and iPhone 7 contract costing a total of roughly £75 a month in data speeds abroad.
Message 77 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

O2 really need to step up to the plate with their roaming deals.

1) It's too complicated

2) O2 Inclusive was a wonderful idea except it didn't work for 100's of people

3) Many people complained about data speeds.

Three has always been the one to beat when roaming. Sad fact but true.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 109

Carlee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm in the USA at the moment and have had my data turned off after 50mb. Got the text confirming I had the inclusive zone bolt on when I arrived, an hour later I got the text saying I was approaching my limit and so contacted livechat who assured me I could ignore the text.
Today I got the text saying I'd reached my limit and no more data since. Livechat didnt seem aware of the issue and then lost the chat and by time I got back on WiFi they were closed. I now have to wait until midnight to try and contact them again. Any pointers on what I have to tell them to do to fix this? Thanks
Message 79 of 109

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
@Martin-O2 can you advise?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 80 of 109