cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data all month - O2 claim used all on 1st day of allowance. Iphone 4gs - anyone else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the first day of my data allowance I receieved a text from O2 saying I'd used all my data for the month.  This was on the first morning of my new allowance - having made no changes made to my phone or apps.  All I had done that morning was checkout BBC news app and check my email on the way to work - no big data splurge there.  

I rarely use all my allowance throughout the entire month so it was definitely odd that O2 had claimed I used it in one morning!

So I contacted O2 via the free text service and spoke to a representative who said that all he could see was that Id used the data but couldnt tell on what exactly.  I explained that this was impossible and asked if they could look into it.  Eventually he agreed that he would have their 'networking team' look into it and promised I would hear back via email within 5 working days.  I was a little annoyed that my contract meant I had paid for a month of good data and now I was going 5 days without but glad the issue was being investigated.  

That was on the 4th of October and I still havent heard anything.  The only awareness I've had of any change to my service (apart from the slower data) was an entire afternoon and evening of no signal due to some mess up at O2 HQ.  I've also experienced issues with texts piling through to me at the end of the day on two occasions this month.

I have an Iphone4S.  When I took out the contract I expressed concern that my old 3GS contract had unlimited data which wasn't offered here - but was told that at the time they didnt offer more than 500MB anymore because it's really rare that more than that is used in a month - even on a smartphone.  Yet now Im being told I used my entire allowance in 1 morning, have been promised an explanation and then heard nothing - on top of having an intermittent basic phone service.  

I'm really disappointed as Ive been with O2 for ages and always thought they offered the best technical service and valued their customers - but now Im cursing the fact that I'm tied till Feb 2013!

Has anyone else had these issues with either O2 or Iphone4s?

Thanks

Em

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, many have the data issue.... http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-5-iOS6-massive-data-usage/td-p/309...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, many have the data issue.... http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-5-iOS6-massive-data-usage/td-p/309...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2