Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

No Response after escalating complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Ok - not sure if o2 staff review this section but trying to find out when it is best to go to Ombudsman.

I have been an o2 customer for 12+ years and currently have 4 active contracts (me plus wife and kids) and paying £160 a month in total....I signed up for a Samsung Note 8 last December with a current offer if I take a certain tariff (£68 per month), I would get to upgrade after a year....I spoke to the rep on the phone at the time and confirmed this is the tariff I signed up for....

...in my excitement 3 weeks ago, I contacted o2 to see how i start the process this week, only to be told the 1 year early upgrade is not on my account!! I paid an extra £15 a month for this pleasure so was very disappointed to find this out.....in February this year I upgraded the other 3 phones and my wife upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus...the same offer was on to upgrade after a year and I spoke to the rep about this, only to find out this was also NOT applied.

Anyway, after speaking to a number of staff, I submitted a complaint and finally recieved a response from a "Customer Resolution Expert" who did not read my complaint I had logged via the customer service rep as she mentioned a completely different phone.

I responded with a long email detailing the full issues and did not receive a response...as per the o2 complaints process I then forwarded the chain to complaintreviewservice@o2.com - with an automated email to say I would get a phone call in 5 days....I sent this to them on 26th November and no response, even sending chasing emails I have had no response.

What is annoying is that I have spoken to a number of reps (via call or chat) and they are not able to contact the complaints team directly to find out if they are looking into this.

I know the Ombudsman says I can go to them after 8 weeks.....but as it is getting close to 2 weeks with no response from the complaints team, can I start this process now?

I have been a very loyal customer and feel very disappointed by all this, especially as I was very much looking forward to upgrade to the iPhone XR!!!

Topics: 677

Re: No Response after escalating complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com

@Mennox

You can only go to the Ombudsman if you have followed the complaints link...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

*The Game Is On*

Hi @Cleoriff - yes I have followed this process up until complaintreviewservice@o2.com .....do I now need to log this with Resolver although it seems to be an alternative method to emailing?

I may as well go this route to be honest and see what happens.

@Mennox

Resolver does seem to get better results. Try them and see how you get on...

Best of luck wink

*The Game Is On*

After logging with Resolver, they responded within a few days (apparently no logs of my sending emails prior to this) - anyway, complaint now sorted ....thank you Smiley Happy

Excellent news @Mennox wink

*The Game Is On*