Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response after escalating complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Mennox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok - not sure if o2 staff review this section but trying to find out when it is best to go to Ombudsman.

I have been an o2 customer for 12+ years and currently have 4 active contracts (me plus wife and kids) and paying £160 a month in total....I signed up for a Samsung Note 8 last December with a current offer if I take a certain tariff (£68 per month), I would get to upgrade after a year....I spoke to the rep on the phone at the time and confirmed this is the tariff I signed up for....

...in my excitement 3 weeks ago, I contacted o2 to see how i start the process this week, only to be told the 1 year early upgrade is not on my account!! I paid an extra £15 a month for this pleasure so was very disappointed to find this out.....in February this year I upgraded the other 3 phones and my wife upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus...the same offer was on to upgrade after a year and I spoke to the rep about this, only to find out this was also NOT applied.

Anyway, after speaking to a number of staff, I submitted a complaint and finally recieved a response from a "Customer Resolution Expert" who did not read my complaint I had logged via the customer service rep as she mentioned a completely different phone.

I responded with a long email detailing the full issues and did not receive a response...as per the o2 complaints process I then forwarded the chain to complaintreviewservice@o2.com - with an automated email to say I would get a phone call in 5 days....I sent this to them on 26th November and no response, even sending chasing emails I have had no response.

What is annoying is that I have spoken to a number of reps (via call or chat) and they are not able to contact the complaints team directly to find out if they are looking into this.

I know the Ombudsman says I can go to them after 8 weeks.....but as it is getting close to 2 weeks with no response from the complaints team, can I start this process now?

I have been a very loyal customer and feel very disappointed by all this, especially as I was very much looking forward to upgrade to the iPhone XR!!!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mennox

Resolver does seem to get better results. Try them and see how you get on...

Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mennox

You can only go to the Ombudsman if you have followed the complaints link...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Mennox
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff - yes I have followed this process up until complaintreviewservice@o2.com .....do I now need to log this with Resolver although it seems to be an alternative method to emailing?

I may as well go this route to be honest and see what happens.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Mennox

Resolver does seem to get better results. Try them and see how you get on...

Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Mennox
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After logging with Resolver, they responded within a few days (apparently no logs of my sending emails prior to this) - anyway, complaint now sorted ....thank you slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Excellent news @Mennox wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

peedoff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having similar issues with O2 - Passed from one person to another none of them read the case files and repeatedly ask the same questions over and over and only interested in upgrading devices and tariffs and not proving the information to what has been asked  -Cancel tariffs! Previously 02 kept over payments they took from my account amounting to almost £500.00

Then two years alter took 2 Months of devices and tariffs charges in almost £300 and the following year tried the same only when I disputed it with the o2 person calling she then committed the account was in credit of 3 months advance payments and told oh its okay we will keep the overpayments and take these off your bills.

Previously I'd allowed them to do that with the previous amounts they'd taken but this time I asked that the money be returned to me - this didn't go down well with them - it was if money was being denied to them.

Now I am receiving daily spam calls from Asia saying they're O2 and want me to confirm my account details.

How is this company allowed to get away with such poor customer services -and not do anything to protect customers data!

Joke of a company - Just take take take money - Even the data wifi is terrible no matter how many new phones I've brought from O2 and no matter where in the UK - 4G with 02 is slower than dial up!

Message 7 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Just a couple of points to make, to be fair, @peedoff:

1. You wrote "daily spam calls from Asia saying they're O2 and want me to confirm my account details".

These could be phishing attempts, and they happen if you share your mobile number on public web sites, explained in Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

2. as pointed out above, have you followed the complaints link, particularly the Resolver site as listed about two-thirds way down this page? https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5462 Posts
  • 93 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@peedoff 

With any large organisation, it's worth considering a letter, send by signed-for post, to the Chief Executive at Head Office. Sometimes that will produce results, and if it does not and you take the issue further, it can be useful to show that you have tried that avenue.  

Message 9 of 9