cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They managed to update their service status page, so an email would be possible for people to check if they can get on wifi. I know people could check the service status, but that was playing up today abit too probably as o2 on twitter always link to it, so was overloaded

Message 51 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not funny! When you have mental health problems you don't need to be lied to!
Message 52 of 108

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont think they lie, i just dont think the tech guys talk to the customer service guys. Checking o2 twitter where people were reporting this, all o2 CS said was "check the service status in your area", and was along time before they acknowledged a problem

I dont think its lying, they just are clueless

Message 53 of 108

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Any answers to your posts on here are from customers like yourself. Many are in the same situation you find yourself in. I have been without any type of service all afternoon.

Message 54 of 108

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Not funny! When you have mental health problems you don't need to be lied to!

Who is being funny, if you choose to believe you were lied to instead of being spoken to by someone who just did not know, that is your right?

I have tried to figure out why they might do that and I can't sorry!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 55 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

That does not alter the fact that they DID lie to me! Are you calling me a liar?

Message 56 of 108

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Weirdly data is fine on my phone, can make calls to none 02 numbers and can text anyone and they get them. Just cant receive txts or calls from other o2 people

Message 57 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been without service since about 1.30pm. Just before 5pm I got fed up and contacted o2 on the live chat. I was told "SOON" several times as I ranted away about how inconvienient it is to go without a phone and why soon was far too vague a time frame, throwing in an 'I'd buy myself out of my contract if I could afford it'. They eventually spoke to their supervisor after I asked about compensation and because of my long standing relationship with o2 and being such the loyal customer I am, they are giving me £10 off my next bill. Followed by more promises of it being fixed soon. I was slightly appeased at the time but it's two and a half hours later and no signal still. Obviously "SOON" hasn't come soon enough!

Message 58 of 108

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Please keep up to date with the status checker to check any updates on this

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Sorry for the frustration and in the meantime, try resetting your phone and checking your internet settings to see if it helps
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 59 of 108

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That does not alter the fact that they DID lie to me! Are you calling me a liar?

Not if they didn't know at the time there was a network fault they didn't.

I think you need to calm down and consider what's happened here, you have had no phone service for a few hours and you're cross about it.

Getting so angry won't get it back on any quicker and O2 are doing all they can to fix it.

Stuff breaks and nothing will work forever I'm afraid.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 60 of 108