cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been 7 hours now.
Message 41 of 108

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:

A push message isnt a text message is it? Cant they send it over data connections/wifi?

You don't yet know the reason for the fault or what might have been possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 42 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me at 3o'clock that it was definitely my sim card but half an hour later, when I got to carphone warehouse they had known for ages....they had had 25 people come in & another one as I left.

As I said earlier,  I was told at 12.30 that it was definitely my phone, why say either of those things if they didn't know what was wrong? To be told twice that they were absolutely sure they knew what was wrong!!!   That is plain lies.

Message 43 of 108

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@paulbacon wrote:

A push message isnt a text message is it? Cant they send it over data connections/

At this rate you're going to earn your October reward in one day. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 44 of 108

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They told me at 3o'clock that it was definitely my sim card but half an hour later, when I got to carphone warehouse they had known for ages....they had had 25 people come in & another one as I left.

As I said earlier,  I was told at 12.30 that it was definitely my phone, why say either of those things if they didn't know what was wrong? To be told twice that they were absolutely sure they knew what was wrong!!!   That is plain lies.

There you go, O2 had your name to one side, sabotaged your connection and deliberately lied to stop you using it again.

I would sue if I were you! Smiley Indifferent

I love a good conspiracy theory.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 45 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was reading the forums and thought I'd post my thoughts because certain people saying it isn't a major problem really don't understand how much some people rely on phones.

I've had no calls or texts since about 9am, this afternoon my work veichle was involved in a crash, without giving too much away, we had passengers on board, we have a work mobile as well - on o2 - so we was unable to get in touch with anyone because all phones were down, we manage to get intouch with management via a police officer who gave us his phone to use as he was on vodafone.

Now when you deal with at risk people and your phone is a lifeline at times, having no information about outages doesnt just cause minor problems it can cost lifes.

Today o2 were trying out a government message alert service in Glasgow, now they can send service messages, so they should warn business and person customers of outages.

They also have most peoples emails, an email at the least would help most people at some point connect to wifi, so they could have reiceved it.

Absolutely annoyed at this, second major outage in a year.

Message 46 of 108

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

They also have most peoples emails, an email at the least would help most people at some point connect to wifi, so they could have reiceved it.

We don't have the cause confirmed so have no way of knowing what could have been sent out.

Mobile phones were never intended to become a way of getting emergency assistance and should never be considered as being reliable enough for that.

Useful when they can be of help but that's it.

Message 47 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We don't have the cause confirmed so have no way of knowing what could have been sent out.

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Would it have hurt to say 

"Dear user,

We are aware some customers are currently experiencing problems using their phones, we are investigating and trying to solve this problems as soon as possible, please check the live status checker online to see the latest updates"

At least we would have known and could have put emergency protocols into place (for me personally anyway) I didnt even know there was an outage till we needed the phone!

Message 48 of 108

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry I think you have misunderstood my answer.

It may not have been physically possible to identify and send out any messages to those affected due to the nature of the fault.

Message 49 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should also add that saying repeatedly that we don't have the cause confirmed so have no way of knowing what could have been sent out is a ridiculous answer, in 7 hours I would hope you would have at least found the cause if not be on the way to repair it, additionally using all method of communication would get the message out to a lot of people helping with your customer service rather than the statement above which just further aggravates your customers! Get a grip be honest and fix the thing whatever it is!
Message 50 of 108