cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated iphone 4S software to IOS 7.0.2 first thing this morning.

No 3G connection available since lunchtime.

'Red-spot' in top right-hand-corner of phone icon.

Phone signal and wifi good.

Coincidence with update or network problem?

Newcastle upon Tyne area.

Any ideas?

Message 61 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me! You don't seem to understand.......I was told it was definitely my phone & then my sim! And I was told that Carphone Warehouse could definitely give me a replacement sim.........which they can't. It has nothing to do with not knowing about the problem......even though Carphone Ware house had been aware for hours! And I have been without service for 24 hrs...not just a few.

It's you I am angry with for doubting what I say! You don't know me or my situation so don't judge me.

Message 62 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

The status checker is not correct.. I entered the post code and said it work fine, but the truth I didn't get any data signals.

Although quite many people didn't get signal from 1pm, mine was after 2pm, at least when I tried to use internet at 3.50pm...

Hopefully the problem can solve soon!

Message 63 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can text none o2 numbers and now recieve, so its a start

Message 64 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your attitude coming through your posts is not helping here as it reads as condesending, I suggest you stop digging the hole your currently in...
Message 65 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Your attitude coming through your posts is not helping here as it reads as condesending, I suggest you stop digging the hole your currently in...

Was that aimed at me or Angelina52?

Message 66 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

Service checker features no update since 10.45 rendering it completely redundant!

Any news that you yourself could enlighten us with as there are a lot of frustrated people out there?

This is this the third time this has happened to me in just over a year, and my contract is up for renewal at the end of November. I'd be happy with some sort of bill rebate, but quite frankly the lack of service status updates/customer service is enough to make me switch provider. It doesn't take much to update us and I guarantee you'd save a lot of customers, simply letting people know - even if it's just to say "We are still working on this" otherwise it shows O2 does not care - until this happens again...

Message 67 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm still having this problem, and have been since 10 am. im in leicester and went into my o2 phone *store* and they just said it'll be half hour and to turn my android off then on again.... coz i didn't think of doing that before then did i? also if this doesn't get fixed soon i want out of my contract, i am NOT paying for something that i aint receiving

Message 68 of 108

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@paulbacon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that aimed at me or Angelina52?

Please use the quote button when replying, not sure who this is aimed at.

Message 69 of 108

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Until o2 have fixed this server based issue the status page will not change.

See the threads around july last year.

Just tell me of another network that has the live status page like o2!!!

Not defending o2 here but stating facts 1 out of our 3 handset on a business contract are affected.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 70 of 108