cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G/Data/Calls/Messages 03/10/2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 5. Could anyone help please? This started happening at roughly 12.30pm.

Suddenly, there was no "o", "E" or "3G" symbol on my phone although it does display a normal bar strength of normal signal.

However, I cannot make calls - it says "Call failed" straight away. I cannot access the internet at all. I cannot send or receive texts at all!!!

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 101 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe we should get this trending on twitter. Surprised it isn't already
Message 102 of 108

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

I havent been able to use cellular data since about 1pm this afternoon and I can't seem to get hold of anyone in o2 to tell them about this problem! Is there a reason why they don't allow you to email them? None of the online advisors are available either! This is so frustrating! The service from o2 just keeps going crazy when it rains! I wasn't able to receive calls or texts for about an hour earlier either!

Anyone have a way of contacting o2? This is just ridiculous! We pay for a service that just goes to crap when the weather does!

O2 know about the issue so don't worry about reporting it....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 103 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost 12 hours later & still no 3G I'm getting fed up of this poor customer service - extremely fed up with O2 today & that's being polite
Message 104 of 108

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had a text from this afternoon come through, from an o2 contact. Maybe, slowly things are fixing themselves

Message 105 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same getting some text through as well but still no 3G.
Message 106 of 108

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe we should get this trending on twitter. Surprised it isn't already

You can trend it on the moon if you like, I doubt it will be fixed any sooner.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 107 of 108

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Has normal service returned for you now?

Please see some info below about last night from our status page:

On Thursday 3rd October, around 1% of O2 customers experienced some difficulty making and receiving calls and texts, or using data. This was the result of unexpected congestion caused during routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks. The problems were intermittent and resolved in a matter of hours.
We apologise to those customers affected and would like to thank them for their patience.
As we rollout our nationwide 4G network, we are upgrading our 2G and 3G service to reach 98% of the UK population both indoors and outdoors. Our customers can keep up to date with our progress by visiting our Network page on our website.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 108 of 108