cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim won't work, keeps saying No Service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have bought a new iPhone 5 and although I've done the sim swap on O2 twice now and waited for 24hrs my new phone still keeps saying No Service.

Also, it says that my mobile number on my new phone is unknown, does this mean that the sim isn't active?

HELP!

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If the old sim is still connected it means the swap has failed. Try texting SWAP to 20220 from your old sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Is the old sim still working? Have you rebooted and or reset the new phone? Can you try your sim in another phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the old sim is still working which is concerning, and yes I have but to no avail. 

Sadly I can't as no one else has an iPhone 5 and they have a much smaller sim, my old phone is an iPhone 4 but the sim is too big to fit in my new phone so I can't try swapping them. 

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I have both switched my new phone on and off as well as doing the soft restart but it still keeps saying No Signal

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If the old sim is still connected it means the swap has failed. Try texting SWAP to 20220 from your old sim.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did as you said and it worked, thanks so much! 

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Excellent news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Drives me mad....why can't they make it simple? I've ordered the deal....they've sent the chip! I should be able to just put the thing in and it should work!! But no....you have to go through all the rubbish first....fgs
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Drives me mad....why can't they make it simple? I've ordered the deal....they've sent the chip! I should be able to just put the thing in and it should work!! But no....you have to go through all the rubbish first....fgs

All you have to do is activate the sim - It would be no good if someone else got hold of your sim or it got lost in the post and anyone could run up a huge bill on your account would it?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone says no service selected o2 uk unavailable , it was working an hour ago .

Message 10 of 13