cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order accepted or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. Brand new here and (hopefully) brand new to o2. I placed an order this evening for a 16gb iPhone 5 on contract. After going through the usual steps I ended up on a 'Confirmation' screen saying 'You're all done. Welcome to o2." Shortly after, I received a few e-mails - one of them detailing what was on my order and an order number. My question is - have I been successful with my application? I only ask as I hear it is notoriously hard to get a contract with o2.

Also, if it is the case that my order was successful, how long to o2 usually take to ship out handsets?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Gary

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes it sounds as though your order has been accepted and confirmed. The iphone 5 has been known to be in short supply so the completion and delivery will depend entirely on stock levels.

If in stock you should shortly get an email with a delivery date and tracking number. You could try calling them tomorrow to check if the phone is in stock and an estimated delivery time.

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

Opening times

Monday-Friday08:00 - 21:00
Saturday08:00 - 20:00
Sunday08:00 - 18:00

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yes it sounds as though your order has been accepted and confirmed. The iphone 5 has been known to be in short supply so the completion and delivery will depend entirely on stock levels.

If in stock you should shortly get an email with a delivery date and tracking number. You could try calling them tomorrow to check if the phone is in stock and an estimated delivery time.

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

Opening times

Monday-Friday08:00 - 21:00
Saturday08:00 - 20:00
Sunday08:00 - 18:00

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for the quick reply! No problem, I will give them a call tomorrow for an update on delivery. I ordered the white version which was listed as 'in stock' on the website so here's hoping that is the case. Thanks also for the helpful contact numbers.

Gary.
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all. Brand new here and (hopefully) brand new to o2. I placed an order this evening for a 16gb iPhone 5 on contract. After going through the usual steps I ended up on a 'Confirmation' screen saying 'You're all done. Welcome to o2." Shortly after, I received a few e-mails - one of them detailing what was on my order and an order number. My question is - have I been successful with my application? I only ask as I hear it is notoriously hard to get a contract with o2.

Also, if it is the case that my order was successful, how long to o2 usually take to ship out handsets?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Gary

Hi Gary,

Awesome choice of phone.

wink

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha thanks mate slight_smile I have been torn between the iPhone 5 and S4 for quite some time, but I always go back to Apple in the end. I had an iPhone 4s last year but it was a company phone and I left that particular job - can't wait to get the newer model for myself!

Should I jail-break it?

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Haha thanks mate slight_smile I have been torn between the iPhone 5 and S4 for quite some time, but I always go back to Apple in the end. I had an iPhone 4s last year but it was a company phone and I left that particular job - can't wait to get the newer model for myself!

Should I jail-break it?

The s4 is an impressive phone but like most phones has its con's such as the weak back cover, and low internal storage capacity.

I have jail-broken my iPhone 5 but it has to be on iOS 6.1.2 to do this. If yours is on iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.4, then at the moment this is not possible.

Hopefully when iOS7 is released later in the year after its current beta testing ,and the developer community guys get round to exploiting it you will be able to carry out the process.

Have you done this before ?

This is a link from here that i started about how my IP5 looks.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/The-look-on-an-02-Guru-s-face-at-my-Jail-broken-iphone-5/td-p/492950

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's impressive. I'll see what happens when the handset comes, don't like to tamper with it too much for the first few weeks of it's life. Still no dispatch e-mail though 😕
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's impressive. I'll see what happens when the handset comes, don't like to tamper with it too much for the first few weeks of it's life. Still no dispatch e-mail though 😕

Ok.

Im sure the e mail will come through in time.

If you are a little concerned then phone them on 202 from your mobile.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just live chatted them and the guy said I'll receive the handset within 1-2 days guaranteed. Can't say fairer than that!
Message 10 of 19