Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iphone via uswitch

FionaM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on a pay monthly contract currently .  
My phone is currently not working due to rain water damage and I need to replace it as I have no phone.  I know I need to pay off the balance of my device plan and have had a look at upgrade options for a new iPhone , the best deal I see is via uswitch and nothing from o2 matches this .   
I have contacted live chat but got cut off mid chat twice so no idea if I can do this .

Can I just purchase new contract via uswitch and cancel my current one with 02 ? I really wouldn't want to lose my number but would save quite a bit going via uswitch .

any advice appreciated , thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@FionaM 

Yes yoou can get a new contract and just call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

This will of course cancel your old contract and generate the final bill with the full amount of your remaining device plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@FionaM 

Yes yoou can get a new contract and just call O2 to migrate your number Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

This will of course cancel your old contract and generate the final bill with the full amount of your remaining device plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2