Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 contract

net58
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have seen on mobiles.co.uk £12 for 15gb data with calls and free international roaming, I would prefer to do business directly with O2 if possible?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elaine1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Don’t use mobiles.co.uk. They don’t give you the plan advertised even though you have photographic evidence of what was offered. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 9

net58
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

thanks for the reply, I'm currently with Vodaphone with contract that expires in November.

Called customer care and said they couldn't match mobiles.co.uk offering...really odd as I'm coming direct!!

Thanks

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@net58 

You can get 20gb for £18 direct from O2.

Includes EU roaming and unlimited calls.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P18M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
You will find that does happen - other retailers get a kick back for generating new business, which they pass on in the form of discounted line rental/cheaper handsets.
This will mean that sometimes (read, most often) going indirect is cheaper than direct.
The only time this is not normally the case is SIM only.
So long as the refresh is not something you need then 3rd party can work out better...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@net58 

The closest I can see is £13 but this is a cashback deal.

You will be charged £23 a month by O2 if you take the offer.

mob.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

net58
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5

They (mobiles.co.uk) have raised their prices slightly since I last looked but I'd be happy to pay £13 if O2.

By the way two new contracts as it's me and my partner.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144076 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@net58 

You might get a small discount if you call or try in store, but a couple of quid a month is about the limit usually.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Elaine1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Don’t use mobiles.co.uk. They don’t give you the plan advertised even though you have photographic evidence of what was offered. 

Message 9 of 9