cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 contract through Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently purchased a new phone and contract on O2 through Carphone Warehouse. The new telephone arrived fine and works well, no problems there. I was not however given any access details to a MyO2 account. As a result, I cannot access MyO2 to pay the phone bill, view my minutes or any of the other features.

The email address I used to purchase the phone from Carphone Warehouse is one that I have previously used on another telephone number to access O2 wifi. I do not remember the password for this MyO2 account. I have tried to use the 'forgotten password' to reset my access to the account, but the link sent to me by O2 fails to work and prompts me to contact customer support.

I am therefore unable to access MyO2 features and bills, which is frustrating. I have been told my customer services to go back to Carphone Warehouse to organise MyO2 login details, but I wanted to check if there was nothing else I could do.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have been given a new login when you signed up. You need to call customer service & ask them to give you a new login

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have been given a new login when you signed up. You need to call customer service & ask them to give you a new login

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
I'm not sure why customer service told you to go to CPW as it's nothing to do with them.
It is o2 that gives you access to your MyO2 so you need to speak to them on 202, not live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

... The email address I used to purchase the phone from Carphone Warehouse is one that I have previously used on another telephone number to access O2 wifi. I do not remember the password for this MyO2 account. I have tried to use the 'forgotten password' to reset my access to the account, but the link sent to me by O2 fails to work and prompts me to contact customer support...

Hello @Anonymous,

Maybe you could try this link: Finding your account? If you get an error again, could you please let us know? Maybe something is not workingDestroy

There are a couple of things you can do to find out your account info:

• If you're on your O2 mobile or tablet, go to your settings and turn off wifi. Using your data connection will help us find your account automatically.
  • The same goes with mobile broadband - connecting using your dongle will help us find your account.
  • Or you can get the info on your Mobile number or Email address.

Feedback

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 4