cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 client bringing old number, PAC provided online when ordering - when will it happen?

alpinesi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I realise this is a community rather than O2 help, so perhaps reassurance is all I will get but if someone  else has been through this I wouldn't mind that.

Having ported my number a few times over the past 20 years I'm used to getting lots of notifications about when the companies hope to do it, so I'm a bit concerned that O2 have told me absolutely nothing so far.

I've had loads of emails but they're all to do with promoting extras and Disney+, and allI can find on the O2 website says 'give us the PAC and transfer will be within 24 hours (except at weekends)' so what happens when the PAC was provided when ordering the SIM? 

TLDR: PAC provided when setting up Pay Monthly contract.

New pay monthly SIM received and active for over 24 hours now.

When is the number port likely to happen?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@alpinesi 

Numerous fails for this recently.

You'll need to re-send the form here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@alpinesi 

Numerous fails for this recently.

You'll need to re-send the form here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

alpinesi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I've done that now.

"Numerous fails" is just what I didn't want to read on joining a new network though - it's GiffGaff all over again.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
They blame Covid wink
Message 4 of 4