Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 Travel Data Allowance for Europe for PAYG, Contract and Business

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
So first of all. Apologies if it's already been mentioned. But I noticed that O2 travel for Europe data allowance is no longer 15mb.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-europe
You will also need to ensure you have O2 Travel on you account (Both Contract or PAYG) to get the Data rates.
Call customer care on 202 for Contract or 4445 for PAYG. However the Link above gives much more information and other ways to get o2 travel if you want it.
Business customers can also click on the Link for more info too which is different to the info below

So for PAYG you now get 50mb for £1.99

Contract there is no upper limit 😜. But there are terms in this.
There's no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, but we'll slow down the service if you reach an assumed fair usage amount in order to manage traffic on the network. This will be more than 100MB of general data or more than 50MB of streamed video or audio data (the "assumed fair usage amounts") in a day . Audio and video streaming are available with O2 Travel but the quality of the audio/video will be optimised for a mobile device. The speed available for file transfer, online gaming, peer to peer downloads and network back-up services is restricted and may not work with O2 Travel.

List of countries here too for Contract ** Note, no Data is available on Contract in Andorra.
Europe.
*Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
*Mobile data is not available in Andorra
List from here, Always please check first though as countries do change
http://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel/standard-charges

list of PAYG countries. Andorra is included on PAYG
Europe.
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

List from here and again please check first as countries do change.
http://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel/standard-charges/payandgo

your daily data charge will apply from 00.00 to 23.59 UK time. Whilst you're travelling you'll need to check the time in the UK to understand when your daily charge expires.

O2 Terms are here for Contract
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions

O2 Terms are here for PAYG
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-data-roaming-charges-and-o2-travel-terms-an...

I think this is superb news. Can we have a bolt on for other countries like USA though now and cheaper calls in other countries as well. Pretty please 👍
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good news indeed and thanks for posting @darrengf 

Now about cheaper rates for Thailand @O2...... wink

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And....wouldn't it be lovely if you could get a mobile internet sim from O2, that would allow me to load it up in

the UK and then use my netbook and Tablet abroad? It seems so ridiculous in this day and age that I have to

hike 2 miles in Spain in order to top up so I can use these devices using a Spanish sim.....:smileywink:

Dream on Cleo....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good news.

Thank you for highlighting this @darrengf

I'm wondering when this came to be. I've not seen any updates or announcements.
Message 4 of 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Thanks for the info.
I'm glad you mentioned the 00:01-00:59 UK time as I once made the mistake of trying to add a new allowance at midnight in Spanish time (which was only 11pm UK time) so I wasted my money as I hardly used any of the MB allowance.
Message 5 of 9

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As someone who "roams" frequently in Europe this is fantastic news. It's also a very competitive deal so a big thumbs up to O2.

Now all we need is cheaper roaming options in the US as others have mentioned wink
Message 6 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great round up Darren!

Is anyone off on a trip that may include any of these countries in the near future?

I'll mention the US and Thailand requests to the team wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Great round up Darren!

Is anyone off on a trip that may include any of these countries in the near future?

I'll mention the US and Thailand requests to the team wink

I roam constantly in Spain...(usually every 4-6 weeks brings up a reason to go) Smiley Very Happy

So yes ...a very welcome update.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in Romania this week and took advantage of the new data roaming rates. I didn't download enough to trigger the traffic management and I didn't stream any video, but it was refreshing to be able to browse the internet, fb etc without worry.

I also tethered my laptop to my 5S and roaming worked reliable too 🙂

Message 9 of 9