Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple Watch on existing Sync-1 plan

tomchatting
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had an Apple Watch Series 6 GPS+Cellular which I bought through O2 on a device plan + Sync plan about 3 years ago. I've since paid the watch off in full.

Last week, I paid for an out of warranty battery replacement on the Apple Watch, and Apple sent me a new device which arrived today.

Before the service, I followed Apple's instructions and removed the mobile data plan from my watch.

Using the "Set up mobile data" option on the Watch app of my iPhone returns an O2 branded page which says "Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 110."

I did this, and the CS agent was absolutely clueless, to say the least. He put me on on mute for extended period of time before telling me I need to contact Apple to delink my old watch from my SIM. He then offered to send me a new e-SIM for my Watch, and to contact Apple with the e-SIM in hand for them to link it.

Am I better off just going into an O2 store or is there something I can do in My O2 or via a contact option I'm missing?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11273 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@tomchatting 

You are better using Social Media for apple errors as per this guide Activate Apple Watch Guide as they are best placed to sort these issues and they are UK based and seem to get things done..

The best way to do this is to actually cancel the current watch plan, and ask them to do it straight away and then wait 24hrs and then reset up a Watch Data Plan..  

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11273 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@tomchatting 

You are better using Social Media for apple errors as per this guide Activate Apple Watch Guide as they are best placed to sort these issues and they are UK based and seem to get things done..

The best way to do this is to actually cancel the current watch plan, and ask them to do it straight away and then wait 24hrs and then reset up a Watch Data Plan..  

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

tomchatting
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. The Twitter social team fixed it at the first time of asking, though they’ve just done it as a SIM swap, I’m guessing because if they cancelled it my RPI increases would be lost (my plan has crept up to about £8 a month from the original £5). 

I need to vocalise how ridiculous it is that O2 telephone CS a known issue and is being propped up by unpaid volunteers on a community site, once my device plan is paid up for my phone I’m leaving O2 in the dust…

Message 3 of 3