cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel my rolling contract asap

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone is broken- has been for 3-4 days- i've been trying to contact o2 about cancelling my rolling contract however for a few weeks as my phone hasnt been working right for months- And i've used the links people have provided to cancel my contract.. But o2 help never seems to be available. Even online the chat help is unavailable- it says that it will be available between 7am and 11pm.. Well guys, its 2pm- and its not available. I have given up and got a new phone contract (from a different site- as the o2 site will only allow me to upgrade to iphone 5, when i only want 4gs- ideally even 3gs) but i'm currently paying £14 for my broken 3gs, and this other site is only charging me £13 a month and im getting a new upgraded phone- and still with o2!.. But i still have this other phone contract! If when the new phone comes, if i put my current sim into it, will THAT end the previous contract? I dont have a lot of money, and certainly cant afford to pay off a contract forever that is no good to me..
Its amazing how easy it is to get a contract and how disgustingly hard they make it to leave.. And of course the irony is that i am not leaving- i am still staying with o2! Any help please is greatly welcomed- and no smartasses please- theres quite a few leaving sarcastic remarks and links with no merit here.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't help but think people make hard work of simple things.

1. To cancel contract phone o2.
2. If you want to keep same number ask for pac code.
3. To buy new contract choose provider and place order.
4. Use pac code with new provider.
4A. If staying with same provider ask o2 cs to swap number to new sim.

It really isn't difficult but instead we get a debate about credit files, cancelling direct debits, credit ratings, annoyed customer mouthing off about not caring.

Life should be far simpler
Message 11 of 11