cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to cancel my rolling contract asap

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone is broken- has been for 3-4 days- i've been trying to contact o2 about cancelling my rolling contract however for a few weeks as my phone hasnt been working right for months- And i've used the links people have provided to cancel my contract.. But o2 help never seems to be available. Even online the chat help is unavailable- it says that it will be available between 7am and 11pm.. Well guys, its 2pm- and its not available. I have given up and got a new phone contract (from a different site- as the o2 site will only allow me to upgrade to iphone 5, when i only want 4gs- ideally even 3gs) but i'm currently paying £14 for my broken 3gs, and this other site is only charging me £13 a month and im getting a new upgraded phone- and still with o2!.. But i still have this other phone contract! If when the new phone comes, if i put my current sim into it, will THAT end the previous contract? I dont have a lot of money, and certainly cant afford to pay off a contract forever that is no good to me..
Its amazing how easy it is to get a contract and how disgustingly hard they make it to leave.. And of course the irony is that i am not leaving- i am still staying with o2! Any help please is greatly welcomed- and no smartasses please- theres quite a few leaving sarcastic remarks and links with no merit here.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

You need to give 30 days notice. If your phone was broken, why didn't you just get another phone and put your sim in it? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont have another phone
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A guide here on how to cancel your contract..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Various ways to contact O2

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do o2 not have a simple link to click to cancel your contract- like say, netflix? Is it because they are terrified that if you end your contract with them you wont come back? It would seem that way, and to be honest, the nightmare of trying to cancel this contract is making me realise how foolish i was to get another phone from o2.. Might just cancel both- through the bank- dont care about my credit rating
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou so much cleoriff!!! Exactly what i was looking for slight_smile my rantings are over now lol.. Seriously, thankyou so much 🙂
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The links I have given above show simple ways to cancel. I would really advise against just cancelling with your bank. You may not care about your credit rating now...I can assure you this is the very worst thing you can do..

Please follow the links given..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thankyou so much cleoriff!!! Exactly what i was looking for slight_smile my rantings are over now lol.. Seriously, thankyou so much 🙂

An absolute pleasure. Your credit rating will now remain intact...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Well done @Cleoriff Hopefully the OP won't go off and cancel his DD. They may not care about their credit rating now, but might somewhere down the road. I'm a little puzzled that the OP was saying that all he was being offered was the iPhone 5? I don't think O2 even sell that model any more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do o2 not have a simple link to click to cancel your contract- like say, netflix? Is it because they are terrified that if you end your contract with them you wont come back? It would seem that way, and to be honest, the nightmare of trying to cancel this contract is making me realise how foolish i was to get another phone from o2.. Might just cancel both- through the bank- dont care about my credit rating

The contract you originally signed laid out the conditions for cancelling. If you don't mind letters coming through the door and all the repercussions of cancelling the direct debits then go ahead. Only one loser going down that route.

Message 10 of 11