cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new business contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I am on a new first time contract. But for some reason the guy in the shop put me on a business contract! I'm not with any company at all. My account says I'm the director of my own company using my real name as the business name! I have free calls to the office, which is the same phone number as my phone!

The advisor in the shop also clearly stated that I can use the MyO2 app to check my account!?

Is there anyway to change my account to a normal consumer one?

Thanks for any advice,
Jamjam
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The only benefit is to the salesman, not that he's a salesman, just looking to line his own nest. 

Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I told the advisor I only use texting and data. A couple of disability problems using voice, so data and text the most.

I'm on Unlimited Calls and Text, 1 Gb data.

I'm not even aware of other deals, he kept with just the one deal and didn't even let me look through other options!
Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions
Sounds like he was targeted to sell that contract.
Get it cancelled whilst you still can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123538 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sounds like he was targeted to sell that contract.
Get it cancelled whilst you still can.

^^^^^^^^^ Echo that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be cancelling the contract on Monday in the shop that "sold" it to me.

I might even go for Pay and Go, as I can't trust the salesmen.
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a sim only £14.50 ?

Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would be making a complaint about the sales person. They deceived you into taking out a business contract that you don't qualify for simply to boost their commission. You have to ask how many others now have a business contract that is unsuitable for their need. I have to ask why calling landlines would justify a business contract, they come out of the allowances on a consumer contract unless you are continually calling 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Message 17 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Why is this still happening? Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 24

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Simply because in times gone by you had to produce business receipts and a company name and address. Now they register the business as your name and no proof required. This is totally down to o2 and their shift in policy allowing the likes of self serving employees and trusted partners to sign up unsuspecting customers to a business contract which have a totally different set of terms and conditions often to the detriment of the likes of you and me.

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I have to ask why calling landlines would justify a business contract, they come out of the allowances on a consumer contract unless you are continually calling 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Some business tariffs offer them free ( outside the bundle of minutes) so you can take less minutes,as they are only going to be used for mobiles, but clearly not the case....Although the equivalent sim only deal (I'm assuming that's what the OP got as no mention of a phone) on consumer is more expensive ...

Message 20 of 24