Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Tommyorr057
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The page is very clunky and not very user friendly. The redeem button isn’t working on my extra and it always seems I have to get someone on the chat function to fix it for me
Message 3 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

A list of things you can and cannot do yourself in MyO2 near the end of this guide, @Tommyorr057 :

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Most listed below:

Screenshot_20200502-091501.jpg

Message 4 of 15

Tommyorr057
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello pgn, I am sorry I don’t see how this helps me. I do realise we are in unprecedented times and there will be limited service on what can and can’t be done, my issue is with the app/website. When you try and ask for help it seems to send you round and round. The live chat function seems to be the only way to solve issues.
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tommyorr057 

Yes we are in a time of crisis and O2 staff are limited due to the rules on social distancing.

However, the community here is being used as a resource to help as much as we can. If you have a query, just ask and we will do our best to answer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Up until this week, the Live Chat function had not been in operation, again due to current pandemic conditions and imposed lockdown etc.

During these times, the turnover of questions here on the O2 Community Forum has been unprecedented, itself lending credence to the deficiencies that you mention in MyO2, both app and website, @Tommyorr057

Have you read the Guide for the MyO2?

Guide: How-to guide for My O2 

Message 7 of 15

Tommyorr057
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes Cleoriff, I appreciate there are definitely more people in need than me, I 99.9% always get the problem solved when I get access to the chat function, and I don’t mean for this to be, or turn into a rant, the issue is I was given the option on O2 priority for an Amazon music extra to be applied to my account as a thank you. When directed to access it on ‘My O2’ it simply says press on ‘Redeem’ which it’s completely simple enough, but it does not work. That button does not work. The ‘Redeem later’ button does work and it takes you back to the main landing page of My O2. That is the issue. If you guys are saying there is no info or it can’t be solved from this platform that is fine.
Message 8 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
What browser are you using, as I have had no issues in the past or recently redeeming offers, have you tried a different browser or using the My o2 app, also clear cookies and cached data from your browsers.

To be fair out of all the networks account portals, there are much much worse than o2's and i think o2's is one of the best..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Tommyorr057 

There are numerous people having problems with Amazon Music.

Your only option is to contact O2 from the numbers in this link. Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Here's all the info we have on Extras

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/extras#choose

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/extras-partners

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15