Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple phones for family - buying data

Mike4phones
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pay for 4 phones (monthly) which my family use.  My own "My O2" app is linked to just one number.  When my son runs out of data I don't seem to be able to work out a way of giving me access through my app to pay for a top up.  Would he be able to pay for a top up himself? (bearing in mind I pay the bill).   If he cannot authorise a payment, it seems quite restrictive that O2 cannot recognise that people might pay for a phone that they don't use and is die or else's name? 

any thoughts appreciated .....TIA 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

You can bring multiple phones, regardless of account type (PAYG or PAYM), in under one MyO2 by adding in other products, so long as they have not set up their own MyO2 account:

1675448978295.jpg

@Mike4phones - but it can be difficult to separate them out again, so check out other posts on here to spot pitfalls (search bar above, "add phone" or similar).

As a house with 1 contract and 3 PAYG phones, I have never merged all into one account - yet I can still do a web top-up using a credit card of the PAYGs in the house.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

You can bring multiple phones, regardless of account type (PAYG or PAYM), in under one MyO2 by adding in other products, so long as they have not set up their own MyO2 account:

1675448978295.jpg

@Mike4phones - but it can be difficult to separate them out again, so check out other posts on here to spot pitfalls (search bar above, "add phone" or similar).

As a house with 1 contract and 3 PAYG phones, I have never merged all into one account - yet I can still do a web top-up using a credit card of the PAYGs in the house.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Mike4phones
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much. 

Message 3 of 3