Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a 5g sim

Win2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Bare with me please as it’s a little confusing. So I have mine and my daughters phones on my O2 pay monthly account. I pay for both.

She was due an upgrade so we’ve upgraded her to a iPhone 12 max pro. She’s now changed her mind and I’ve said we’ll just swap phones I have an iPhone 11.
We were just going to put our original sims in the new phones as to keep our numbers.

But here’s where I’m confused as the iPhone 12 has a 5g sim but that sim will be associated with her number so if I put it in the IPhone 12 it will have her number???

How do I solve this.
Obviously she can put her sim in the 11 as it’s 4g.
But I need to keep my number and if I put my sim in the 12 it’s only 4g
Please please help
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Win2 

You both need to use your original sim cards in the new phones.

The accounts are updated on the sim so you'll both keep your own contracts that way.

A 4g sim will work in either phone and so will a 5g sim.

If you want to take advantage of 5g, you'll just need to get a 5g sim from any store, when they reopen, or by requesting one from customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Win2 

You both need to use your original sim cards in the new phones.

The accounts are updated on the sim so you'll both keep your own contracts that way.

A 4g sim will work in either phone and so will a 5g sim.

If you want to take advantage of 5g, you'll just need to get a 5g sim from any store, when they reopen, or by requesting one from customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2