Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Topics: 757

Re: Mobile phone upgrade questions

@paulbacon wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi

1) if this is your first contract phone you will need a credit check

Thanks. Ive had a contract phone now for 2 years, this is just an upgrade so assume i wont need any credit check as i had that last time?

Hi Paul....No you are absolutely correct you won't need a credit check if you have been on contract before

(as long as your account has been managed properly with no payment defaults)

Apologies.... I read your first post as "This is the 1st contract phone ive had"  and was relating to my own experience Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Level 7: Part Timer

@Bambino wrote:

@paulbacon wrote:

We have had ongoing issues with o2 and coverage at work now for years.

Seems Friends and Family is a better discount than the NHS one, and have a friend who works for o2 so could ask him instead to do the discount

If you have coverage issues, perhaps you should be looking at what other networks might be better for you, unless the problem only exists at work and you're okay elsewhere.

As far as 3G or 4G goes, your new phone will always seek out the strongest signal.

No issues with o2 other than at work, which is sods law really. Seems with mobile networks its choose the best of a bad bunch, as i know people that have left Orange because of poor coverage too

Anonymous

You can always lock your phone to 3G/2G whilst at work via the settings. This might give an overall more reliable signal. I do the same thing at work.

Will also save some battery life as the phone is not constantly seeking out the unreliable 4G and switching between the two.

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,372

Friends and Family gives you 50% but NHS is only 30% so use F&F if you can (airtime discount only)....
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)

@Anonymous wrote:

You can always lock your phone to 3G/2G whilst at work via the settings. This might give an overall more reliable signal. I do the same thing at work.

Will also save some battery life as the phone is not constantly seeking out the unreliable 4G and switching between the two.

Yea thats what i will do. Trouble is the o2 mast in on our works building so will always go to 4g as its the strongest signal, just 4g is terrible so have to force phones into 3g

One more thing i actually forgot. Can they transfer all my contacts over to the new sim?
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
No I'm afraid not.

If you use gmail then you can use that to transfer contacts.

Edit : which phone are you going to choose so we can suggest methods.
Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,372

Phone shops used to have a machine that would transfer contacts between sim cards but not sure if they still have them now as I guess most people back up to Google/iCloud etc......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Anonymous

Topics: 757

@MI5 wrote:
Phone shops used to have a machine that would transfer contacts between sim cards but not sure if they still have them now as I guess most people back up to Google/iCloud etc......

When I went instore for them to do my sim swap, the first thing they asked was were my contacts backed up and via what? As you know @MI5  they were...(thanks to you LOL)

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker